This is the job description for BANQUET CAPTAIN
Job Title: Banquet Captain
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Banquet Manager
Supervises: Banquet Servers, Banquet Setup
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To plan the serving details for banquets, receptions, and other social functions.
1. Requisitions additional help as required by banquet schedule.
2. Directs setting up of tables, and decorations.
3. Plans the serving order and orchestrates its completion in a timely, quiet and courteous
4. Supervises wait staff and set up staff. Trains all set up and wait staff. Ensures that waiters and
waitresses are ready to serve meal when it is prepared.
5. Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner and ensures all needs are
met. Observes guests to fulfill any additional requests, to perceive when next course should
begin, or when meal is completed.
6. Aides in the operation of banquet department.
7. Ensures proper banquet check control.
8. Actively participates in room set up and service.
9. Inventories all equipment.
10. Displays awareness and compliance with security, safety, emergency and energy procedures.
11. Relieves banquet manager and operates the department.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Use judgment and reasoning to cope with emergencies such as sudden illness, accident, or
2. Perform a variety of activities, changing activities frequently and sometimes without notice.
3. Plan and carry out an activity, such as a card party or dance.
4. Plan the work of others.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience Minimum 6 months experience in banquets or food service.
Licenses/Certifications None required
Browse similar jobs (1)
Crowne Plaza Princeton Conference Center
Full-time, Part-time900 Scudders Mill Road
Plainsboro, New Jersey 08536