Non Negotiable(s)/Critical Success Factors:
- Provide disciplined leadership including setting clear expectations and holding the team and self accountable for results.
- Adhere to the Store Manager scheduling requirements (weekly exceptions must be approved by the District Manager):
- Minimum of 2 nights per week
Minimum of 2 weekends per month scheduled during peak hours (e.g., Friday night, Saturday mid-day through evening, Sunday)
- Follow the Playbook and the Weekly Walk processes to develop and prioritize action plans with timely follow up.
- Execute customer focused strategies, policies and programs as measured by Customer Satisfaction, Survey data and verbatim comments.
- Select, develop and manage performance of individuals and team, measured by appropriate performance reports/scorecard, retention, internal promotions, training completion, and associate survey results.
- Attract, hire and on-board store staff as measured by appropriate performance scorecard, retention and new hire survey results.
- Execute the client's (brand/business) plan consistently across all departments and provide ongoing fact based feedback.
- Consistently deliver acceptable compliance scores as measured by District Manager in the Standards Based Store Visit & Client Commitment tools.
- Focus and invest time on customer facing activities and processes.
- Ensure the store is operationally certified and every associate is certified to do his/her job.
- Monitor and proactively address outliers, e.g., customer satisfaction, sales, controllable costs, profit, margin, operational processes, and compliance against plan and/or established standards.
- Embed the Company return policy and Pledge of Fairness.
- Create and maintain a culture of winning that resonates with associates.
- Expect and inspect core processes and 'clean and bright' standards.
- Expect and inspect execution of client's merchandising and operating plans.
- Provide first person coaching on the execution of action plans based on daily department walks, Customer Satisfaction Survey learnings, customer verbatims, and customer interactions.
- Be the customer advocate and surface opportunities to improve the end-to-end customer experience.
Teach, model and lead ways to satisfy customers, find ways to say yes, e.g., helpful associates, complaint resolution, Store to Web.
- Leadership and People
- Personally support, coach and develop team members, creating an environment where our associates can be successful.
- Facilitate dialogue between front-line associates and the store leadership team.
- Focus the entrepreneurial energy of the team on delivering over the top customer service and associate pride.
- Build a strong bench of talent and strive to develop people for internal promotion.
Lead and embed the new normal (changes resulting from transformation initiatives) and drive Retail Services plans/projects using common enterprise-wide tools, processes and language. (No store programs.)
- Understand, lead, and embed a standardized operating model that will earn preferred provider status in every store.
- Rigorously inspect compliance with our operating model for consistency across all departments.
- Execute and support the client's plan utilizing compliance score cards/audits to measure store execution and honor client commitments.
Ensure that all initiatives and processes are in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies.
- Create a selling culture that will meet/exceed clients' sales plans.
- Lead and monitor store level margin drivers, e.g., solution selling, accessory attachment rate, inactive inventory, price change execution and POS reductions.
- Achieve all miscellaneous income plans, e.g., smart plans, protection agreements, new account generation.
- Achieve controllable cost plans and identify and communicate continuous improvement opportunities.
Communicate opportunities and solutions that will allow clients to meet/exceed profit plans.
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Provide clients with fact-based, real time feedback on the product life cycle including assortment, pricing, inventory flow, marketing support, transition/exit strategies, etc.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data to measure and achieve desired outcomes and address outlier opportunities.
- Consistently provide a sense of urgency to maintain standards while obtaining associate buy-in.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in retail or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of store merchandising, operations, and retail management practices and procedures.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Availability to work during critical retail timeframes including Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Ability to analyze information, identify root causes and develop/implement approved solutions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external team members and customers.
- Experience selecting, assessing, coaching and developing associates, preferably in a retail environment.
- Proven ability to manage and mentor team members, lead and influence cross-functional working groups and achieve results.
- Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.
The duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of roles or responsibilities.
Browse similar jobs (232)
Hyattsville, Maryland 20782
Takoma Park, Maryland 20912
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910