- Provide cleaning services for business offices, apartments, interior and exterior public and common areas and amenities of the community in a safe, neat, clean and attractive condition.
- Provide floor care services for carpet, tile, and wood floors and may include vacuuming, extracting, buffing, sealing, stripping, etc.
- Compact and remove trash and debris from community areas.
- Maintain all grounds; including sidewalks, public walkways and stairways, building exteriors, garden areas in a neat, clean and attractive condition.
- Performs basic maintenance related work requests.
- Mows lawn, trims shrubbery, and cultivates flowers (varies by community).
- Notifies management concerning need for repairs.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions promptly to Supervisor.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in work performed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must successfully complete all Atria specified training programs.
- Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Able to perform these operations using units of United States' currency and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Able to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Able to safely use basic maintenance and landscape related hand tools and light power tools, such as shovels, rakes, blowers, mowers, drills, saws, sanders, buffers, vacuuming, extractors, etc.
- Porters will be required to work with caustic materials and cleaning equipment in order to fulfill their job responsibilities. They must be able to understand English well enough to read and comply with safety instructions for proper use of such materials and machinery to protect themselves and others (employees, residents and guests) from injury.
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in 190 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 14,600 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-free work environment.