If you are a current college student, you have the chance to jumpstart your career by joining one of the internship programs at Citizens Bank. Our internship programs give you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments that will test your skills and use your academic knowledge. For many of our successful interns, these opportunities often lead to full-time job offers.
Over the course of 10-weeks, you'll experience a variety of hands-on, impactful projects, gain exposure to senior executives, be matched to a mentor, and develop a transferable skill-set that will position you as a possible candidate for the Consumer Banking Leadership Development Program (CBLDP). Designed for rising seniors, our Summer Internship Program is a great way to develop new skills within a specific Consumer Banking line of business.
- Locations may include: Dedham, MA, Westwood, MA, Warwick, RI, Johnston, RI, East Providence, RI, Providence, RI or other potential locations
- Program begins with a thorough introduction to banking, financials, and overall strategy
- Summer Interns are placed in one specific Consumer Banking line of business (potential placements listed below), dependent upon business need
- Project presentations (e.g. developing strategy to accelerate migration of deposit transactions from the branch to ATMs) to be delivered to executive leadership at Program end
- Exposure to senior leadership, executives, customers and community partners through panels, meetings, trainings, networking events, and volunteer opportunities
- Participants are assigned a formal mentor (CBLDP alum) to help guide you through the Program
Early consideration for the Consumer Banking Leadership Development Program (CBLDP) is available to Summer Interns. High performers interested in pursuing a career in Consumer Banking will have an opportunity to interview for the CBLDP before the summer ends.
Potential placements may be available in the following lines of business:
Business Banking: Business Banking offers numerous products/services to small businesses and institutional customers (e.g. Checking, Savings, Lending, Credit Cards). Acting as a trusted partner, Business Banking caters to customers looking to grow and manage their businesses in the market.
Citizens Access (Direct Bank): Citizens Access, a division of Citizens Bank, is a nationwide, direct-to-consumer platform for digitally-savvy consumers who value the flexibility and convenience of online savings offering highly competitive rates with no fees (e.g. savings, CD, CD ladder).
Consumer Deposits & Lending: Consumer Deposits & Lending offers numerous products/services to individual customers (e.g. Auto Finance, Home Equity, and Student Lending). In addition, the business strives to understand the full end-to-end experience, including how to drive efficient operations, how to market the programs that drive activation, and overall usage of the products offered at the Bank.
Consumer Marketing & Strategy: Consumer Marketing & Strategy is responsible for the alignment between the brand, strategy, marketing, and data. Comprised of multiple teams such as Consumer Strategy, Digital & Multi-Channel Marketing, Customer Experience, and Analytics, the team works to drive business activities forward by providing each line of business with a unique and differentiated strategy.
Distribution: Distribution leads the Citizens Bank Retail Banking branch network, as well as our sales, strategy, and development which is responsible for equipping our front-line colleagues with tools and resources to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Through in-person discussions, our branch colleagues strive to understand our customers' needs, advise them on how to achieve their financial goals, and build strong personal connections.
Wealth Management: Citizens Wealth Management strives to provide a highly competitive, multi-segment integrated banking experience and investing products/services to its customers. By providing personal service and objective guidance, Wealth Management helps clients make the most of their money through our banking and investing services in order to help them meet their financial goals.
NOTE: THIS PROGRAM BEGINS IN EARLY JUNE 2019
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to present effectively and persuade others
- Team player who can work closely with others to complete projects under pressure with limited time and resources
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree with demonstrated academic achievement
- Expected graduation date of May 2020
- All majors will be considered; coursework in Finance, Accounting, Economics, and Marketing beneficial, but not required
- GPA: 3.0+ required, 3.2+ preferred
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.