If you are a college senior or a recent graduate, you have the chance to jumpstart your career growth by applying to our unique rotational and development programs. Through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and exposure to executives, you will develop a transferable skillset that will pave the way for a fulfilling career. This opportunity gives you the tools you need to grow into a future leader at Citizens Bank.
The Consumer Banking Leadership Development Program (CBLDP) is a 12-month rotational program designed to prepare you for a successful career in banking. Through a combination of self-study, on-the-job training and line rotations, you will develop a holistic understanding of consumer banking strategy and operations, and grow into a leading, contributing member of the Consumer Banking team.
- Dedham, MA base location; additional rotations may include: Westwood, MA, Warwick, RI, Johnston, RI, East Providence, RI or other potential locations
- Program begins with a one-week orientation on banking, financials, and overall strategy, followed by shadowing colleagues in the retail branch network and our Operations center
- Participants are placed in four, 3-month rotations across various Consumer Banking lines of business (potential rotations listed below)
- Project assignments (e.g. developing strategy to accelerate migration of deposit transactions from the branch to ATMs) offered to participants throughout the Program
- Exposure to senior leadership, executives, customers and community partners through panels, meetings, trainings, networking events, and volunteer opportunities
- Participants are assigned an executive sponsor and formal mentor (CBLDP alum) to help guide you through the Program
Upon successful completion of the Program, graduates will be placed in a full-time role within the Consumer Bank. Further, all graduates are eligible to join the CBLDP Alumni Advisory Board, which offers continuing engagement and personal/professional development opportunities, and partners closely with the Program Manager on recruiting efforts as well as Program planning, design, and execution.
Past graduates of the Program have gone on to the following roles/lines of business:
- Business Analyst (Consumer Deposits & Lending)
- Merchandising Manager (Consumer Marketing & Strategy)
- Product Strategy Leader (Citizens Access)
- Project Manager, Sales Development (Distribution)
- Project Manager, Sales Operations & Service Development (Consumer Deposits & Lending)
- Social Media Community Manager (Consumer Marketing & Strategy)
- Strategy Consultant (Consumer Marketing & Strategy)
Potential rotations may be available in the following lines of business:
Business Banking: Business Banking offers numerous products/services to small businesses and institutional customers (e.g. Checking, Savings, Lending, Credit Cards). Acting as a trusted partner, Business Banking caters to customers looking to grow and manage their businesses in the market.
Citizens Access (Direct Bank): Citizens Access, a division of Citizens Bank, is a nationwide, direct-to-consumer platform for digitally-savvy consumers who value the flexibility and convenience of online savings offering highly competitive rates with no fees (e.g. savings, CD, CD ladder).
Consumer Deposits & Lending: Consumer Deposits & Lending offers numerous products/services to individual customers (e.g. Auto Finance, Home Equity, and Student Lending). In addition, the business strives to understand the full end-to-end experience, including how to drive efficient operations, how to market the programs that drive activation, and overall usage of the products offered at the Bank.
Consumer Marketing & Strategy: Consumer Marketing & Strategy is responsible for the alignment between the brand, strategy, marketing, and data. Comprised of multiple teams such as Consumer Strategy, Digital & Multi-Channel Marketing, Customer Experience, and Analytics, the team works to drive business activities forward by providing each line of business with a unique and differentiated strategy.
Distribution: Distribution leads the Citizens Bank Retail Banking branch network, as well as our sales, strategy, and development which is responsible for equipping our front-line colleagues with tools and resources to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Through in-person discussions, our branch colleagues strive to understand our customers' needs, advise them on how to achieve their financial goals, and build strong personal connections.
Wealth Management: Citizens Wealth Management strives to provide a highly competitive, multi-segment integrated banking experience and investing products/services to its customers. By providing personal service and objective guidance, Wealth Management helps clients make the most of their money through our banking and investing services in order to help them meet their financial goals.
Operations (required): Each participant will gain a thorough understanding of our deposit operations processing: transaction processing, deposit account services, and document imaging. The participant will be part of the team to drive new thinking and new ways of doing business that result in efficiencies and a better customer experience.
Retail Banking (required): Each participant will spend roughly two weeks in a local branch experiencing the day in the life of a Branch Manager, Licensed Banker, Financial Advisor, and a front-line Banker. In addition, during this rotation, each participant will shadow executive management in understanding incentive decisions, HR discussions, sales productivity, and management issues.
NOTE: THIS PROGRAM BEGINS IN EARLY JUNE 2019