Qmart Deli Manager
The Deli Manager ensures that the overall store condition complies with company policies & procedures, and state & federal laws are being maintained and followed, they including: store cleanliness, food service, customer service, merchandising, controlling loss prevention, safety, and security - thereby maximizing store profitability, expense control, inventory levels, and shortage control. This manager fosters a coaching environment where team members want to excel, and are recognized for their achievements while. This is an exempt salaried position with a six (6) day, 50 hour workweek reporting directly to the General Manager
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, courteous customer service by discovering customer needs and management support
- Manages food services in accordance with Department of Health and Company Standards.
- He/She effectively manages and grows the sales of the food service program; by directing sales, promoting, merchandising, and implementing new programs & communicating to vendors, managers, and other appropriate personal on marketing activities.
- Plans and prepares work schedules. Supervise coverage of shifts left vacant due to emergency or lack of food services personnel and fill as needed.
- Assists management in calculations of food consumption, and requests purchases inventory, as required.
- Helps analyze financial data including shortage to identify business opportunities, determine proper action plan, and increase of sales.
- Manages food cost at prescribed levels fallowing approved portions control and accounting procedures. In addition to all controllable expenses and cost items affecting profitability of food service operation.
- Analyzes food service results and trends to determine the proper action plans, to leverage the stores food sales and address areas for improvement. Maintains 100% in-stock efficiency on top selling items.
- Oversees and may assist in preparing food items per required menus and recipes. Inspects food and food preparation to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Conduct daily and weekly safety inspections of food service equipment to ensure optimal operation conditions at all times. Ensure a safe environment is maintained at all times.
- Respond and report, and fallow-up on all employees and/or customer accidents, injuries and loss or damage to property.
- Checks display for neatness and customer appeal. Ensures that all authorized signs are displayed.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all contractual merchandise agreements and reports any discrepancies to management.
- Maintains a working relationship with all vendors. Monitor and correct delivery procedures, ensure the accuracy of orders. Report any problems to management.
- Assists and supports management to promote strong sales, by focusing on the team. Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, and coaching to develop top performing team members. Ensures team members are current on product offerings and promotions.
- Coaches and supervises team members in all store responsibilities, and teaches them how to handle difficult and complicated situations by fostering a team environment.
- Evaluate and take positive and consistent disciplinary actions on violations of company policies.
- Maintains a neat personal appearance in accordance with company uniform and personal appearance policy.
- Carries out Deli Associate responsibilities in addition to management responsibilities, as required.
- Performed other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
- Must be at least 18 years or older to apply.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate’s Degree or above is strongly preferred.
- A minimum one year of retail, fast food, or sales management experience is required.
- Maintain Food Handlers and Food Safety Certification
- Ability to perform essential duties and to work in the conditions listed below.
- Ability to work with equipment, tools and materials listed below.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates exemplary skills in leadership and customer service.
- Demonstrates ability to develop and promote team members.
- Demonstrates ability to read, understand, and utilize profit or loss reports and other store reports to affect change.
- Demonstrate ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Suit (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.)
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with customers, team members, suppliers, vendors, and management on a daily basis.
- Ability to work with all levels of management with minimum supervision.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment when receiving assignments, due dates, and general procedures.