Hotel Operator (PBX) - Jackson Lake Lodge, Wyoming
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Hotel/PBX Operator is responsible for greeting and connecting incoming calls to their proper destination with timely and friendly fashion. Telecommunications services will be provided with the use of an electronic Dimension 600 PBX console and automated guest message service. Assist all internal and external guests with questions and inquiries. Handle emergency calls and be able to coordinate with all departments across the company. Equally as important, they are here to have some fun too!
The Hotel/PBX Operator responsibilities at Jackson Lake Lodge include, but are not limited to:
- Answer and distribute all incoming calls using the Electronic PBX console. Greets guest according to Grand Teton Lodge Company Brand Standards
- Take and Make guest wake up calls utilizing the Brand Standards
- Through an automated guest message system, process and distribute messages for hotel guests
- Dispatch emergency calls or fire emergencies to Security and/or National Park Service
- Dispatch urgent guest requests to all appropriate departments, and maintain a follow up call log to ensure the task was completed, and then call the guest to ensure satisfaction
- Maintain a pleasant and cordial attitude
- Records all reports of phone maintenance requests and notifies engineering/IT of any difficulties
- Send and receive faxes for guests and staff
- Respond accurately to all phone requests for directions, local information, and any other inquiry
- May be asked to cross- train at the front desk to fully understand the computer system and standards
- Inform the reservations team of any campgrounds that fill up and/or close
- Other duties as assigned
The Hotel/PBX Operator position asks that any candidate be able to demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- Previous experience in an operator position – Preferred
- Experience in hotel operations – Preferred
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English - Required
- Strong communication skills - Required
- Ability to perform well under pressure – Required
- Friendly, courteous and passionate – Required
- Knowledge of a property management system (Visual One desirable)
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as free staff housing.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 148045