Mutual of Omaha is looking for a Senior Technical Solutions Architect who is experienced in designing and developing applications, analyzing business and technical requirements, identifying problems or opportunities, presenting alternatives through excellent communication with management and stakeholders, and integrating applications through various technologies with other resources across the organization.
- The Senior Technical Solutions Architect leads and performs complex application design, development, and integration that may span multiple technologies, processes, and business areas.
- The Senior TSA consults with multiple business areas to successfully deliver innovative solutions.
- Seniors are expected to deliver results on an individual level and provide technical leadership for team and program success.
- Seniors are expected to analyze business and technical requirements to identify problems or opportunities for improvement, research solutions, and present the alternatives to management and stakeholders in a clean and effective communication medium.
- Seniors are expected to keep an eye on industry trends and best practices, and where appropriate suggest refactoring, redesign, and improvements to help applications provide more business value, more effectiveness, more flexibility, adaptability to change, and ease of maintenance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, develop, and integrate applications and systems with an emphasis on maintainability and proper integration of new features and technologies.
- Create strategy and implement technology solutions.
- Develop and improve techniques for designing, developing, testing, and debugging applications.
- Write application code and corresponding automated tests that build on Mutual of Omaha's continuous integration & continuous delivery pipeline.
- Understand business requirements and provide leadership and technical direction to the development team.
- Serve as an internal consultant and mentor to more junior staff.
- Analyze business and technical requirements to identify and evaluate alternatives and effectively communicate those options to leadership.
- Lead the team through design, estimation, coordination & definition of tasks.
- Maintain a mid-range (12-18 month) view of technology, industry trends, business needs, and application requirements.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Experience in backend application development: Java, Spring/Spring Boot
- Experience in integration layer development: REST/SOAP/Web Services
- Experience with: SQL and relational databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2)
- Experience leading, building, and executing strategic activities
- Exceptional and proven analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Stays current with emerging technologies and industry best practices
- Strong mentorship and presentation skills
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong customer relations skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience)
- Experienced with API design
- Experience with Gradle, Git/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Groovy, Grails, Spring Cloud, Docker