Food Service Worker
Food City, is looking for experienced Food Service workers to join our Bakery-Deli team at various store locations in the Johnson City area. Positions in this job family include: Bakery/Deli Management, Baker, Cook, Bakery Deli Helper, and Cake Decorator. Food City offers flexible schedules, including overnight shifts, with both full-time and part-time opportunities available. Successful candidates, will have outstanding customer service skills and a desire to demonstrate Food City’s mission to “Run the Best Store in Town”.
Essential Job Functions*:
- Provide courteous service to customers at all times.
- Assist with taking and preparing orders for customers.
- Slice meats and cheeses to customer’s specifications
- Check product quality to ensure products are fresh and to company standards.
- Label, stock, and inventory department merchandise.
- Properly use and clean kitchen equipment, stove, grill, scale, fryer, steamer, etc.
- Keep work station and area around work station neat and clean (washing dishes, mopping, ventilation system).
- Assist in making sure that all packaged products for self-service are in proper package with correct weights and ingredients to satisfy local weights and measures regulations.
- Assist in proper rotation and code dating of bakery/deli product.
- Follow the company food safety program.
*A more detailed position description will be covered during the interview process.
- Interested candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have excellent problem solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively under strict deadlines
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or written instructions, perform routine and repetitive tasks and have constant contact/interaction with various levels of individuals on a daily basis
- Ability to attend on-site work during normal business hours, in the typical work week, as well as, extra time as needed to fulfill job duties
Food City offers competitive wages, flexible hours, Employee Stock Ownership Program, 401k, and many more benefits. Come learn why Food City is so much more than a Grocery Store!
Start your new Career by completing an application at any Food City store or by visiting FoodCity.com.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old