Bar, Host, FOH Management etc.
As a TGI Fridays Restaurant Manager, you can expect a competitive salary based on experience, quarterly bonuses, world class training, and a generous benefits package that is the best in the business. We embrace diversity and foster a work environment of inclusion through respect, fairness and understanding. We provide comprehensive orientation and new hire training along with continuous online development classes with an opportunity for advancement.
Restaurants Managers are responsible for managing all aspects of a specific department(s) within the restaurant including the selection, development and performance management of restaurant Team Members, optimizing profits and increasing sales.
Specific responsibilities of the Restaurant Manager include:
- Manages all areas of operations for a specific department including marketing and human resources, while ensuring the Company’s standards of quality, service and operations are maintained.
- Manages operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision-making, staff support, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Frequently interacts with guests to ensure they receive the Fridays Service Style experience; follow up on any issues and complaints they may have.
- Follows the Bubble Theory to proactively run a shift and anticipate guest needs.
- Follows the Hamburger Stand Theory, ensuring that the restaurant and staff are set up for an outstanding shift.
- Ensures all newly hired Team Members follow and complete their appropriate training plan, including required paper and electronic paperwork (tip credit notices included where applicable).
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date manpower plan of Department staffing needs.
- Prepares schedules and ensures that their department is staffed for all shifts.
- Uses the Fridays Recruiting Toolkit process to interview hourly team members, ensuring team members hired are a fit with Fridays.
- Staff, train and develop their department’s hourly team members through ongoing feedback and coaching, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis.
- Identify operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; develop and implement plans to address opportunities (i.e., R&M, marketing).
- Perform liquor, wine, and beer check in to ensure proper invoicing.
- Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect team members’, guests’ and Company assets, including security of beer walk-in, liquor room, store room, freezer and office.
- Prepare end of shift reports.
- Directly supervise team members, correcting behaviors as needed and providing recognition to continuously improve performance.
- When acting as Manager on duty, oversee all of the restaurant’s operations and conduct root cause analysis as needed to guarantee operational efficiency and an excellent guest experience.
- Ensure great food is served to every guest through managing all team members.
- Manages inventory efficiently, accurately, and in a cost-effective manner.
- Fosters open communication with BOH and FOH staff.
As a Restaurant Manager with TGI Fridays, you must possess superb communication and customer service skills necessary to connect with a diverse customer base and motivate a top-performing team. Our ideal Restaurant Manager is a flexible and customer-focused employee who thrives on a somewhat chaotic work environment. You must also have strong organizational and employee management skills with the ability to manage a multi-million dollar business.
Specific requirements for the Restaurant Manager include:
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 months experience working in a full service restaurant
- Must be capable of performing all functions and meeting qualification standards for all hourly positions
- Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift
- Frequent bending and stooping required
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise