1. Coordinate and schedule all equipment for repairs and/or maintenance.
2. Inspect, diagnose and repair mechanical defects in golf course maintenance and construction equipment. Grind, backlap, set and adjust mowers.
3. Overhaul and repair automotive and other powered equipment including engines, brakes, transmissions, differentials, springs, and mufflers; secure and replace tools and parts.
4. Responsible for administrative duties in relation to operation of shop including purchasing, receiving, vehicle record maintenance, departmental billing, inventory control, safety checklists for equipment. Vendor association in terms of bidding and purchase of needed material.
5. Responsible for oil and gasoline inventories and fuel facility. Make sure orders are received, correct, and accounted for.
6. Assist director of course maintenance/owner on capital equipment purchases.
7. Responsible for continuing education of all employees in terms of safety programs and equipment standards.
8. Maintain shop in orderly condition, cleaning working areas after repairs are completed.
9. Direct the operation of the cart maintenance program. Fill automotive equipment with fuel and check fluid levels; inspects, change and repair tires; maintain mileage reports; may do body repair and painting work.
Education and Experience
1. High school degree or equivalent. - Required.
2. Minimum two years experience as head mechanic or shop manager of golf course operation - Required.
3. Additional two years minimum for general maintenance of equipment, engines, diesel and gas cycle engines. Technical background in hydraulic and electrical systems, minimum three years. - Required.
4. General understanding of golf course maintenance operations. Working knowledge of general operation of gasoline, diesel and electric equipment; knowledge of proper methods of servicing golf course equipment; knowledge of the repair and adjustment of power mowing equipment. Computer and office administrative duties. Continuing education classes for all related golf course manufacturer's equipment. - Required.
5. Valid driver's license. - Required.