Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
At ToysRUs, Inc., we're on a mission to be the best toy and baby retail company in the world! And that means we are laser-focused on delivering joy to kids of all ages, while providing our customers outstanding value and service whenever, wherever and however they choose to shop with us.
But we can't do it alone. We need everyday superheroes to help us succeed.
Whether you're an enthusiastic toy collector, gaming guru, grandparent (or mom, dad, aunt, uncle, godparent) of some pretty awesome kids, student or someone looking for a fun place to work, then we're looking for you!
Join more than a team become part of the RUs family and help bring huge smiles to the faces of kids everywhere. To learn more about who we are and what we're all about, visit Toysrusinc.com or check out our YouTube channel to hear straight from the source our valued Team Members themselves!
As a Department Supervisor, you'll be responsible for working with team members in one of the following areas: Back of House, Toy Department or Registry. This position is expected to perform a wide variety of activities aimed at driving sales, process and promoting and managing the training and development of associates in a specific department. The Department Supervisor will serve as the subject matter expert and is responsible for ensuring that all business initiatives are implemented and executed per Company standards.
The Department Supervisor is a full-time position and requires full availability including nights and weekends. This position reports directly to the Assistant Store Manager and is expected to coordinate and deliver department training to associates.
- Performs daily walk of department
- Promotes store sales and profit goals
- Conduct training for all department associates
- Trains all associates on merchandising standards
- Exhibit an ownership attitude by promoting partnerships with store management
- Deliver excellence in customer services, including decision making/problem solving skills for service recovery
- Conduct training for administrative procedures
- Provide feedback and input to Assistant Manager on development of department initiatives and plans
- Provide input and assistance to Assistant Manager in motivating, evaluating, coaching and counseling associates
- Review reports
- Implement system to communicate all ROTOs, promotions, MAP activities and special events for each team member
- Execute all safety and loss prevention standards. Responsible for incorporating training programs and business objectives
- Ability to explain features & benefits of all merchandise
- Exceptional leadership, communication & training skills
- Ability to handle/prioritize multiple projects
- Able to identify others' strengths & assign work accordingly
- Passion for customer service
- Product knowledge
- Results ownership
Toys"R"Us is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.