The Night Auditor is responsible for the safety and well-being of all guests and the security of the building from the hours of 11:00pm to 7:00am or appropriate hours set by management. He or she audits all accounts to ensure they balance, to include such accounts as tray and city ledger, reservation deposits, credit card accounts, accommodations, room, food and beverage and banquet charges. He or she must have strong working knowledge of accounting and project a feeling of responsiveness to guests and other hotel personnel. The Night Manager must be skilled in handling emergency procedures and is responsible for training new associates in audit procedures as assigned by the Front Office Manager. He or she is to assist our guests efficiently, courteously and professionally in all front office related functions to maintain the standards of service and hospitality. To perform all tasks according to Brand Minimum Performance Standards. He or she handles guest's check-in and checkout, reservations, incoming telephone calls and maintains status of rooms. The Night Auditor fulfills the duties of Guest Service Representative.
• Smiles when "On Stage"
• Adheres to PCI compliance standards
• Protects the privacy and security of all guests
• Wears proper uniform and name tag at all times in accordance with the standards of appearance
• Provides the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
• Maintains responsibility and accountability for the hotel property and the safety of guests, and have authority for the hotel operations while on duty.
• Greets and registers guests and provides room assignments accommodating special requests whenever possible.
• Has a working knowledge of reservations procedures, takes reservations, and knows cancellation procedures and Walk Policy.
• Handles guest check-ins and checkouts efficiently and in a friendly and professional manner.
• Provides information to all guests in a courteous and informative manner. Does not volunteer information about guests or associates-only indicate whether or not they can be reached.
• Handles complaints courteously take appropriate action and enter in the Quore.
• Handles lost and found by taking relevant messages and completing Lost and Found entry in Quore and directing to proper department.
• Communicates with incoming shift by logging pertinent information in Quore.
• Completes Daily Revenue Report during each shift.
• Completes appropriate shift checklist nightly.
• Prepares and has readied by shift change each day the Housekeeping Manager's report, listing the status of occupied, vacant and out-of-order rooms for the night just ended.
• Answers inquires pertaining to hotel services, shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
• Assists guests in obtaining information. i.e. airlines, rent-a-car companies, etc.
• Posts room and tax, food and beverage, phone charges; computes guest bills using PMS.
• Maintains positive communication with accounting department.
• Notifies the General Manager of any unusual incident as instructed or otherwise deemed necessary regarding operation and/or safety and security of the hotel or guest.
• Transfers charges and deposits to master accounts.
• Closes necessary accounts at month end.
• Prepares final reports of all daily revenue summaries.
• Attends to special service request including securing of guest valuables in safety deposit boxes.
• Promotes repeat business buy offering to take future reservation upon check-out and providing recommendations for alternate NHG/Brand Products.
• Keeps the front office area neat, clean and free of safety hazards. All audit information will be kept in proper files and labeled accordingly.
• Has knowledge of the hotel, hotel staff, and hotel services with hours of operations, room locations, types of rooms and room selling strategies, hotel rates and discounts and how to handle each; and hotel credit and check cashing policies and procedures.
• Is knowledgeable of 3rd party channels and franchise program benefits and any current promotions being offered, as well as all special promotions offered by NHG.
• Is Responsible for proper telephone etiquette.
• Develops a thorough knowledge of the hotel's PMS system through training.
• Contributes and supports the hospitality programs and training seminars to ensure their success. Continues to practice skills taught.
• Attends monthly front office meetings.
• Performs required tasks, including, but not limited to, those contained in the Minimum Performance Standards set by the brand.
• Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the NHG Employee Handbook.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management
Physical Demands: Requires ability to stand for long periods. Ability to work evening schedule as Night Auditor's chief responsibility is to balance the day's receipts. Requires ability to move fingers and hands easily and quickly. Must have ability to communicate both orally and in writing to guests and members of the front office and hotel staff and to answer telephone calls. Requires ability to perform repetitive tasks such as sitting in front of computer screen or at the switchboard. Requires ability to lift 15-25 pounds infrequently. Ability to follow schedule keeping in mind that the hotel is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Therefore, you may be required to work holidays, weekdays, weekends and different times during a 24 hour day.
Special Circumstances: The Night Auditor may be sole front office individual at some properties and may function as evening manager on duly, position may require significant amount of walking.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. If functioning as M.O.D., it is necessary to perform outside assignments, i.e. monitoring of parking lot or grounds.
Essential Skills: Requires knowledge of auditing, bookkeeping, and accounting procedures to include report preparation. Requires knowledge of front desk/reservations procedures and may require knowledge of Manager on Duly responsibilities, to include knowledge of interdepartmental communications. Requires ability to operate all Front Office Equipment. Must have ability to handle/resolve guest complaints and/or knowledge/understanding of when and how to direct the guest to receive assistance. Must have ability to professionally represent the hotel, deal positively with the public in person and over the telephone.
Educational Preparation: High school graduate or equivalent. Completion of related coursework in accounting, bookkeeping will be given preference. One year experience in auditing and bookkeeping/accounting or One year experience as a front desk clerk.
This Position Description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may be asked to perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to perform the job successfully.
Browse similar jobs (11)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
Hamilton, New Jersey 08620
Bensalem, Pennsylvania 19020