• Smiles when "On Stage"
• Adheres to PCI compliance standards
• Is neatly attired at all times in the required uniform and name tag
• Makes general repairs: Minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures, e.g., leaking faucet, repairing a sink drain.
• Assists in administration of an on-going preventive maintenance program for equipment and guest rooms; performs planned maintenance on equipment to prolong life and prevent shut down, e.g., minor lubrications, adjustments, and cleaning.
• Maintains pool/spa chemicals
• Assists with outdoor seasonal work including lawn moving and snow removal.
• Familiar with Lock/Out Tag Out Procedures
• Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies as needed.
• Assures grounds are clear of trash and presentable at all times.
• Assures the all lighting inside and outside of the hotel are at acceptable levels.
• Responds to guests needs courteously and promptly
• Treats guests and coworkers with respect.
• Displays willingness to make decisions: understands business implications of decisions.
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit; asks for and offers help when needed.
• Uses Quore to record all preventive maintenance, daily maintenance repairs and guest's requests.
• Uses Quore to communicate changes in room status with the front desk and housekeeping.
• Assists in responding to all guest and staff needs:
• Performs elementary painting and repairing of walls, furniture, cabinets, and windows, doors locks and keys.
• Performs minor electrical and mechanical repairs.
• Performs minor repairs on fans and air conditioners.
• Performs routine plumbing repairs.
• Performs rough carpentry work.
• Assists in administration of special maintenance programs.
• Assists in maintenance of departmental tools, workspaces, and equipment.
• Knm,vs/observes safety precautions and fire safety procedures and emergency action plans and use of fire control/alarm systems and extinguishers.
• Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to those contained in the NHG Handbook
• Responsible for special assignments and all other duties as assigned by management.
Physical Demands: Requires ability to stand/walk for entire shift. Requires ability to perform light to heavy physical labor: Lifting, Bending, Climbing (ladders), Reaching, Stretching, Pushing, Pulling. Requires ability to lift 75+ pounds frequently. Requires ability to communicate in a positive and service oriented manner both orally and in writing to guests and members of the maintenance/hotel staff/ guests. . Ability to follow schedule keeping in mind that the hotel is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Therefore, you may be required to work holidays, weekdays, weekends and different times during a 24 hour day.
Environmental Conditions: Inside and Outside: Partially protected from weather conditions but may require outside work up to 50% of shift, e.g. grounds maintenance, parking lot maintenance/repair.
Essential Skills: Requires familiarity with applicable franchise standards and procedures. Must possess knowledge, skill, and ability in energy conservation, electrical, mechanical, architectural engineering, refrigeration, heating and cooling, plumbing fields as well as in safety precautions. Requires the ability to professionally represent the hotel and communicate effectively with hotel staff and guests.
Educational Preparation: High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Technical training in mechanical and electrical fields; experience in maintenance of refrigeration, heating and cooling, carpentry, and plumbing. On-the-job training may substitute for educational/vocational training requirements.
Hazards: May include, but may not be limited to, bums, cuts, slipping, tripping, injury incurred through performance of physical labor. Also may include chemicals.
This Position Description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may be asked to perform . It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to perform the job successfully.