This position receives orders and distributes materials, tools, and
products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job
We are looking for the right candidate eager to learn and succeed in this
position. You’ll work closely with the flower buyer, to understand the
flower varieties and which flowers come from each farm or grower.
- Unload and count incoming freight boxes and green plants boxes to
ensure all boxes are accounted for on the invoice.
- Unload and check incoming flowers. Fill distribution flowers orders
for stores. Fill hard goods orders for stores.
- Process incoming flowers (take flowers out of the boxes carefully they
are very fragile- cut the flowers and get the flowers into treated buckets
of water). In order for the flowers to continue to thrive the chain for
processing the flowers must be followed.
- Leave tight (closed) flowers out to open. Once the flowers start to
open they must be placed in the cooler to help preserve their lifespan.
- Clean and consolidate cooler using FIFO (first in, first out)
rotation. In order to keep the freshness of the flowers this must be
- Sweep, dust and mop cooler and warehouse weekly. Organize warehouse,
cooler, and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Mopping and sweeping: Mop cooler floors once a week. Wash all cooler
buckets once a week before our Sunday shipments gets in. Clean cooler walls
when necessary we clean the walls every six (6) months. Keep the following
areas swept daily: cooler, warehouse, and design room.
- Run weekly cardboard and recycling out to the recycling facility.
- Empty design room and warehouse trash daily.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping
or to other designated areas. Sort and place materials or items on racks,
shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type,
style, and color or product code.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer
traffic no freight or plant boxes lying all over the floor.
- Price and stock merchandise, each item price individually and restock
merchandise in good order.
- Change marquee when necessary.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed (changing out
light bulbs change out ceiling fans, ect.) .
- Wear and use the proper safety equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required
to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk
or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and
climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up
to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and
occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
- Valid Driver’s License
Browse similar jobs (161)
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico 87110
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87109