Shift Lead / 3rd Shift Molding Operations
We have a growth-oriented position as 3rd Shift Lead in our injection molding operations. The successful candidate will mentor and motivate a team to optimize our productivity efficiency. A strong hands-on problem-solver, who regularly engages at the floor level with the operators and technical leads is our ideal hire.
What you will be doing…
- Responsible for assisting with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the 3rd shift molding operations, executing your responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and coaching; which includes participating in the accountability process for the quality and overall product realization process.
- Training employees, planning, scheduling, assigning, and directing their work.
- Ensure safety, work rules and 5S standards are followed and maintained.
- Cultivate a team environment, focused on continuous improvement efforts, employing problem solving techniques to support the 80 process, and suggesting and implementing cost-saving ideas identifying with the eight types of waste.
- Production reporting IQMS (ERP system) data base by shift end.
Requirements you bring…
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 2 to 4 Years in a manufacturing environment; ISO environment a plus.
- Exposure to lean manufacturing required.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques to maximize the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Working experience and proficiency with computer systems including Microsoft Office Suite, machine controls and an ERP system.
- Working knowledge of basic SPC required. Must also have a working knowledge of print reading & interpretation, use and care of shop floor gaging (micrometers, calipers, height gages, surface plates, thread & pin gages, bore gages and indicators).
- Strong math skills, including the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret basic SPC graphs.
- Experience Controlling operations of equipment or systems preferred.
- Hands-on experience conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
Everything we do is based on the quality and dedication of the Techniplas team, and our team members are our biggest asset. We will continue to attract, retain, and energize the best and the brightest and invest in deepening their capabilities.
Techniplas provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Techniplas complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.