Sous Chef - 1 Michellin Star Restaurant - Spruce
Knowledge and execution of proper staffing, onboarding and termination procedures are required.
A critical responsibility is to give others encouragement daily and actively work to uphold all Bacchus values, ultimately taking measures to do whatever it takes to ensure our guests and employees satisfaction and to make a concerted effort towards the happiness of every person.
The Sous Chef reports to the Chef de Cuisine. This is a full time exempt position, which may require extra hours as needed.
* At least 1 year of experience as sous chef is required
* Oversee all food to ensure quality and consistency in their execution.
* Take an active role in menu design and collaboration.
* Use and source out only the best product at the best price.
* Assist in managing food, labor and other costs to budget relating to the kitchen.
* Assist in managing monthly inventories.
* Apportion work among employees.
* Ensure new employees have completed proper paperwork new hire handbook, job description, job expectations and undergo orientation.
* Manage time off requests, vacation requests, sick leave, and maternity leave, etc.
* Complete documentation of employee warnings, conflicts and suspensions.
* Ensure that termination of any employee is only warranted after the employee has been suspended and that careful review of circumstances has been taken into account.
* Manage food and labor cost, oversee monthly inventories, as well as control other costs relating to kitchen operations.
* Maintain an environment of wellness, morale and positive attitude in kitchen employees.
* Assist in maintaining a satisfactory report with the local Health and Fire Departments.
* Manage overall cleanliness of kitchen.
** It should be noted that this job description may not include every duty or responsibility that a person in this role may be asked to perform, other related duties may be required as assigned.