Grill Cook/Prep Person
Building the perfect burrito - and having fun doing it - is the first step to building your career at Salsaritas Fresh Mexican Grill. Sharpen your customer-service and teamwork skills, learn to make great food and get ready to grow. Whether you have experience as a cashier, server, cook, prep cook, dishwasher, housekeeper, bartender or no experience at all, this could be the opportunity to develop into a restaurant manager position. We can offer part time or full time schedules depending on what you are looking for and the needs of the restaurant. We promote most of our managers from within and are looking for that next generation of leaders to apply now.
Our Crew members take pride in preparing and serving Salsaritas delicious food. They know that in order to do this right, they need a clean and organized work area. By consistently following the proper recipes and procedures, and adhering to Salsaritas high standards regarding food preparation, cleaning and sanitation, teamwork and customer service, they help to ensure that the Salsaritas guest experience is always the best it can be. Crew members get to learn about and work at a variety of stations: Tortilla, Prep, Grill, and Take-Out. In each area they’re greeting and interacting with Salsaritas’ guests directly, making their meals, while portioning out the ingredients to our standards. Crew members’ responsibilities require them to be on their feet working while clocked in, unless on break. If they are not busy, they are expected to take on tasks they see that need to get done, and pitch in to help their teammates.
In addition to following Salsaritas’ policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Following recipes accurately and maintaining food preparation processes such as cooking, marinating, seasoning, and grilling meats; chopping herbs; dicing, cutting, and slicing vegetables
• Completing hot and cold food preparation assignment accurately, neatly, and in a timely fashion
• Preparing food throughout the day as needed, anticipating and reacting to customer volume
• Maintaining appropriate portion control and consistently monitoring food levels on the line
• Maintaining proper food handling, safety, and sanitation standards while preparing and cooking food
• Providing friendly, quality customer service to each guest of Salsaritas.
• Consistently and accurately using prep sheets, cleanliness list, and station checklists
• Following Salsaritas sanitation standards including washing cookware and utensils throughout the day
• Cleaning equipment, as assigned, thoroughly and in a timely fashion according to Salsaritas sanitation guideline
The ideal candidate will:
• Have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all restaurant employees and work as part of a team by helping others as needed or requested
• Have the ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees
• Have the ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times and display a positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
• Be able to exhibit a cheerful and helpful attitude, and provide exceptional customer service
• Be able to adapt to changing customer volume levels with a sense of urgency
• Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu
• Be able to follow instructions for recipes and sanitation guidelines
• Have the ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen and line
• Have the ability to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location
• Have a high school diploma
At Salsaritas we don't have multiple job titles for our entry level employees but all of our crew will play the role of dishwasher, cashier, server, cook, prep cook, etc. so be prepared to learn a lot and work hard if you join the team. Most of the jobs that we are hiring for are entry level positions. If you are interested in interviewing for a restaurant general manager or assistant restaurant manager position and have previous restaurant management experience let us know as we may have some of those positions available. Most of these management positions are filled internally but there are some exceptions.
The hours for this position are WEEKDAYS 8:00 AM until 2:30 PM and one weekend day. UP to 40 hours per week available