Note: All Sandy Springs bartenders/servers must obtain a pour permit card:
Previous restaurant experience preferred, but not required.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
• Must have a better than basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions. Preferably several years of experience in high-volume restaurants.
• Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
• Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver plates of food, glass racks and ice buckets frequently weighing up to 40 to 50 pounds.
• Be able to handle high amounts of physical and mental stress for long periods of time.
Server Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
• Provide genuine hospitality to our guests from the beginning of their experience to the end.
• Respond promptly to all directives from management
• Complete all restaurant set up and sidework and be prepared to have manager verify its completion.
• Maintain an excellent knowledge of our entire food and beverage offerings. Complete necessary training at time of hire and continuous training throughout employment.
• Be prepared daily to be a sales and service person in our restaurant.
• Come to work with all necessary uniform requirements met.
• Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services. You will need to know how we got the name “Tupelo Honey” (it really is named for the honey) and some basic info about this particular honey.
• Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders correctly in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen.
• Deliver food and beverages from kitchen to guests in a timely matter.
• Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
• Keep server station clean & keep the back kitchen neat by always taking clean items back out.
• Monitor and observe all guests’ dining experience, even if they are “other people’s” tables. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests. You are expected to go to a manager or another server if you do not have time to honor their request.
• Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable) for any and all customers- unless it’s a to-go order.
• Handle all money and transactions according to THC guidelines.
• Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers at all times. You will also be assisting bussers and hosts and managers.
• Adhere to state laws and our policy regarding alcohol sales- this will be covered in more detail later.
• Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the FOH manager or owner.