Assistant Store Manager
Batteries Plus Bulbs is the nation's first, largest and fastest growing battery and light bulb franchise of its kind, offering a comprehensive selection of batteries, light bulbs, related products and services that meet the growing demands of retail consumers and businesses alike. With almost 560 locations in 46 states and Puerto Rico, and access to over 45,000 unique battery and light bulb products, Batteries Plus Bulbs has become the single source supplier for all battery and light bulb power needs. In 2010 Batteries Plus was named on the Inc 5000 list of America's fastest-growing private companies. Step up your career and join with a proven leader.
If you're seeking a new career opportunity, Batteries Plus Bulbs offers a terrific start: a wide variety of experiences, the chance to build knowledge and skills, and the opportunity to take your career where you want it to go. If you're coming to us midcareer you will find terrific opportunities for growth.
Assistant Sales Manager Description:
- Work with the store manager to help lead retail store and commercial sales activities in order to achieve sales and profit goals. Positively contribute to growth and development of team through training communication, recognition and support.
Assistant Sales Manager Duties:
- Ensure commercial and retail selling programs and promotions are demonstrated, taught and executed.
- Generate leads for commercial customers through in-store prospecting and telemarketing
- Provide service and follow-up to commercial customers at acceptable service levels
- Load, drive, and make deliveries, or arrange deliveries via third party delivery companies
- Assist the manager in developing Store Associates
- Assist in training, coaching, development and recognition
- Develop team for future roles
- Demonstrate, train and enforce all safety rules and regulations and company policies
- Consultatively sell batteries, light bulbs and accessory items to retail and commercial customers.
- Pleasantly engage customers, listen to what they have to say about their batteries/systems and lighting needs, and recommend solutions.
- Perform battery tests, installations, and battery pack rebuilds.
- Contribute as a Team Member to the overall success of the store.
- Associates must be able to lift 50 + pounds, should have a valid driver's license, and must have access to reliable transportation.
Integrity, reliability, helpful/courteous customer orientation, product knowledge, sales skills, and a friendly Team orientation are critical factors in the success of our business and of our associates.
Customer Service / Sales
• While working: Live a "Customer First" mentality
• Perform Customer Service / Sales duties.
• Greet customers promptly, determine needs and answer questions.
• Suggest needed sales add-on items, participate in retail store and commercial sales activities to achieve sales goals.
• Ask questions to identify potential commercial customers.
• Operate computer/cash register to initiate and complete sales transactions.
• Answer phones, assist callers, and ensure messages are relayed in a timely, accurate manner.
• Maintain the facility, inventory, property, and customer service levels to management standards.
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of product and service offerings
• Adhere to general and specific safety standards
• Engage as a "can-do" team member. Proactively follow through on commitments and/or tasks needing to be performed.
Merchandising / Inventory
• Rotate and stock inventory; perform inventory counts as required.
• Install batteries, perform tests and tech work.
• Load, unload, and deliver or arrange delivery of products.
• Organize daily recovery of displays to achieve full store appearance.
• Maintain retail shelf label pricing.
• Build displays; setting up & taking down shelves and fixtures.
• Prepare store for daily opening and closing.
Assistant Sales Manager Qualifications
- Minimum H.S. diploma/equivalent; Advanced degree in business or retail management preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of retail management experience, preferably within a durable goods setting. Experience must include commercial (outside) sales
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to effectively manage confrontational situations in a controlled and courteous manner.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong technical aptitude; a basic understanding of electronics. Must have the ability to accurately read gauges and work with hands
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business including peak seasons and special events. This includes the ability to work at multiple store locations, as needed.
At Batteries Plus Bulbs, you will not only experience a fun-filled work environment, but will be rewarded with outstanding pay and benefits!
Our benefits vary by position, but may include the following:
- Paid Time Off for Full time employees
- Paid Holidays for Full time employees
- Training and Development
- Employee Discount
- Paid Training
Batteries Plus Bulbs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Browse similar jobs (5526)
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55113
Roseville, Minnesota 55113