KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Greets Guests with a genuine smile, builds rapport, and ensures an enjoyable, quality dining experience.
• Looks for visual and verbal cues to identify the experience the Guest wants and customize the service to meet those expectations.
• Promptly and accurately takes food and beverage requests from Guests.
• Ensures expedient service of food and beverages to the Guest.
• Frequently checks up on the Guests and uses visual cues to provide silent service as appropriate.
• Learn menu and beverages, expertly recommends and upsells on items.
• ID all Guests ordering alcoholic beverages who appear to be 40 years old or younger.
• Follows all Fridays Service Style Standards.
• Accurately rings all orders into the POS system while simultaneously interacting with Guests when applicable.
• Practices conversational ordering by mentioning current promotional features.
* Guest experience
* Exercising standards of Responsible Service of Alcohol
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
* Consistently fulfill the Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities above
* Performance rating meets/exceeds company standards
* Guest satisfaction scores
* Meeting all key metrics outlined on the MyPerformance scorecard
* Must be able to deliver plates and food and clear tables
* Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
* Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
* Must be dressed neatly and well groomed in company approved uniform at all times
* Must be able to operate P.O.S. system, make change correctly and make credit card transactions accurately
* Must be able to calmly respond to angry Guests and notify a Manager
* Must be able to read and write notes to hearing impaired Guests
* Must be able to read menus to sight-impaired Guests
* Must be able to verbalize menu items clearly to Guests while taking their orders or responding to their request
* Must be able to read and write
* Must be able to stand and walk during entire shift
* Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe counters/tables
COMPETENCIES PASSION FOR THE GUEST - Creates a seamless Guest experience, welcoming the Guests, and enthusiastically meeting their needs.
* Creates a strong first impression promptly greeting Guests.
* Pays attention to details; remembers names and favorites of regular Guests.
* Makes a difference in the Guest experience by personalizing service to exceed Guest expectations.
* Goes above and beyond to establish a personal connection with Guests to make them feel warm, welcome and appreciated.
* Makes the bar an attractive and exciting place to visit.
* Establishes a strong rapport with all Guests to create fans and repeat business.
* Shows awareness of Guest needs and expectations; prevents problems before they occur.
COMMUNICATION - Keeps the lines of communication positive, open and productive.
* Communicates in an open, sincere manner to build rapport with Guests and Team Members.
* Shares information with others to raise awareness of potential needs and concerns.
* Keeps interaction positive and productive; avoids conveying negative messages.
* Responds positively to conflict situations and works to find appropriate solutions.
* Listens carefully and attentively to others without interrupting.
* Asks thoughtful questions to ensure proper understanding of the message being conveyed.
* Contributes to pre-shift meetings by providing relevant updates and asking appropriate questions.
FLAIR & SALESMANSHIP - Keeps it fun and keeps it real; seeks opportunities to sell others on the whole brand experience.
* Demonstrates a unique, lighthearted style that is personal and memorable.
* Listens carefully to Guests' needs and suggests add-ons accordingly.
* Possesses a contagious energy that translates to Guests and Team Members.
* Knows drinks and menu items and is able to speak knowledgeably to make personal recommendations.
* Grows the business and expertly upsells menu items where appropriate.
* Proactively looks for ways to improve the Guest experience and takes initiative to make changes as needed.
RELIABILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY - Works hard, carefully follows direction and established guidelines, and delivers quality results.
* Consistently arrives to work prepared and ready for the shift.
* Ensures all responsibilities are fulfilled before ending his/her shift.
* Makes him/herself available to take on additional shifts and/or responsibilities.
* Sets the standard by adhering to established rules and guidelines.
* Organizes his/her tasks in order of priority to ensure timely and thorough completion.
* Admits mistakes and takes prompt action to correct them.
* Holds self and others accountable for delivering consistent quality results.
FLEXIBILITY & STRESS TOLERANCE - Knows that anything can and will happen and is willing to mix things up anyway.
* Responds quickly to changing needs and adapts as necessary to meet new challenges.
* Displays a positive, confident attitude for tackling new challenges and initiatives.
* Handles multiple tasks without becoming visibly overwhelmed or flustered.
* Easily adjusts to meet changing demands and new responsibilities.
* Promptly anticipates and reacts to potential Guest needs and problems.
* Dives into peak service situations with energy and ease.
* Responds calmly to problems and controls emotional reactions.
* Handles him/herself in a professional manner at all times.
TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION - Fuels an environment where everyone pitches in and gets along.
* Recognizes the importance of working together to accomplish goals.
* Actively promotes cooperation, respect, and acceptance of all Team Members.
* Establishes positive and supportive working relationships with all Team Members to maintain a productive environment.
* Takes on additional responsibilities to ensure proper coverage during rush periods.
* Reaches out to Team Members when necessary to ensure timely completion of all tasks.
* Takes advantage of opportunities to set an example for new or inexperienced Team Members.