The Assistant Manager has the responsibility to assist the General Manager in managing and leading the daily operations of a single restaurant to ensure the delivery of outstanding guest service. The Assistant Manager assists in overseeing the financial results, operations, staff development, customer service and compliance with all Company policies, procedures, standards and specifications. The Assistant Manager must be available to work irregular hours as needed to ensure proper functioning of the restaurant.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee all day-to-day restaurant operations to ensure Company standards for quality food, service and sanitation are met.
• Supervise hourly staff.
• Assign and direct daily work responsibilities for staff.
• Maintain restaurant equipment and grounds in good condition.
• Enter inventory into restaurant’s computer system.
• Meet Company budgetary expectations, including cost control, efficient staffing and expectations set for restaurant profit.
• Reconcile cash registers at open and close for each shift, and deposit daily restaurant receipts and proceeds at bank.
• Complete all administrative functions and prepare all administrative reports as required by Company policies and procedures.
• Maintain all records as required by Company policies and procedures, and in compliance with state and federal law.
• Maintain staff compliance with Company policies, procedures, standards and specifications.
• Maintain staff compliance with state and federal laws governing safety and food handling.
• Recruit, interview, select and hire quality staff for all positions.
• Conduct orientation and train staff as needed.
• Perform performance reviews of all Shift Leaders on regular basis and provide ongoing feedback, coaching and counseling of staff.
• Responsible for all counseling, disciplinary action or termination of employment required for management and staff.
• Recommend promotion, advancement, or other status change of management and staff to Company management.
• Develop work schedule for management and staff, and post schedule in timely manner.
• Approve overtime as necessary for staff.
• Display exemplary and professional attitude and appearance at all times.
• Listen and communicate effectively with management and staff, guests, vendors and the community.
• Conduct management and staff meetings as necessary.
• Follow Company direction and accomplish objectives set by Company.
• Review objectives with management as necessary.
• Delegate appropriate tasks and responsibilities as necessary.
• Resolve employee complaints or concerns as necessary.
WORK CONDITION REQUIREMENTS
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours.
• Periods of standing and walking, as necessary.
• Frequent contact with guests, requiring tact and courtesy.
• Frequent contact with subordinates, requiring direction and supervision.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent. Two years college or management experience preferred.
• Ability to read, write and verbally communicate well.
• Proficient math skills and comfort with numbers.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Demonstrates maturity and professional demeanor at all times.
• Friendly, outgoing personality.
• Well-groomed, professional appearance.
• Positive attitude and self-disciplined.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Hours
- Extensive Training
- Meal Discounts
- Real Advancement Opportunities
Browse similar jobs (151)
Sioux City, Iowa 51106
Sioux City, Iowa 51106