- TGI Fridays, an independently owned franchise
- Job Title
- Bar Manager
- Job Type
- Full-time, Part-time
- Est. Wages
- $14.36 to $25.87 per hour (Snag Est. )
- 1641 Golden Gate Plaza
Mayfield Heights, OH 44124
- Last Active
- +30 days
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
o Drives sales through utilizing local marketing initiatives as outlined in bar manuals and operational playbooks.
o Identifies operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; develop and implement plans to address opportunities.
o Is knowledgeable of competitors’ bar initiatives to remain competitive in your market.
o Works with bartenders and other key employees to promote local events and promotions.
o Staffs, trains and develops hourly Team Members through ongoing feedback and coaching, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis.
o Ensures all newly hired Team Members follow and complete their appropriate training plan, including required paper and electronic paperwork (tip credit notices included where applicable).
o Coaches and develops talent.
o Elevates staff morale and sets example of proper business conduct.
o Maintains an accurate and up-to-date manpower plan of staffing needs. Prepares schedules and ensures that areas of responsibility are staffed properly for all shifts.
Day in the Life (Daily Roles)
o Manages operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision-making, staff support, Guest interaction, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
o Proactively runs a shift and anticipates Guest needs.
o Frequently interacts with Guests to ensure they receive the Fridays Service Style experience; follow up on any issues and complaints they may have.
Operations and Systems
o Ensures beverage quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, sanitation of food products.
o Carefully observes bar operations and addresses any issues out of alignment promptly and directly.
o Demonstrates responsibility for purchasing, receiving and storing beverage products, inspection of local suppliers, use of correct products and proper par levels to minimize beverage waste and optimize total beverage cost.
o Manages inventory efficiently, accurately, and in a cost-effective manner.
o Understands all bar equipment operations and preventive maintenance.
o Ensures that the restaurant and staff are set up for an outstanding shift; from product, to equipment, to ambiance.
o In the absence of the General Manager and as acting Manager on Duty, oversees the entire restaurant operation.
o Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect Team Members, Guests and Company assets.
* Guest relations issues
* Vendor related issues
* Employee relations decisions with General Managers input
* Ensures all Team Members adhere to recipe standards
* Team Member hiring
* Team Member terminations
* Sales and service objective strategies
* Recruiting strategies
* Overall FOH Quality of Operations
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
* Guest satisfaction scores meet/exceed company standards
* Quality of Operations and Execution
* Grow sales to meet or exceed annual sales budget
* Meeting Beverage cost, waste, and variance budget
* Meeting Labor Budget
* Meeting or exceeding requirements for Ecosure Audit scores for the year
* Team Member turnover meets company requirements
* College coursework with Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Minimum of 6 months of restaurant management experience
* Minimum of 2 years of bar experience, with extensive knowledge of bar operations.
* Prior experience in purchasing and production
* Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift (up to 10 hours based on scheduled shift)
* Frequent bending and stooping required
* Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. (including the maneuvering of beer kegs within the beer cooler)
* Must be able to read and write English
* Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
ASSESSING AND SELECTING TALENT: Effectively identifies and evaluates the talent for the bar in order to select individuals that exhibit pride, passion and personality and build top performing teams.
* Proactively identifies strong bar candidates and "sells" Fridays in order to get the best talent on board.
* Utilizes selection tools and processes as guidelines to effectively assess and hire the right people for the team.
* Supports selection decisions by identifying high potential within the team in order to maximize internal promotes.
* Identifies great talent based on diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities as well as common passion for mixology.
* Understands where individual talent can be best utilized; matches the right people with the right job.
* Knows who top performers are and takes the necessary steps to engage and retain them.
* Ensures that new employees are equipped with the proper training and resources necessary to experience success.
COACHING FOR PERFORMANCE: Works closely with Team Members to observe performance and give clear, direct feedback to help them to grow and succeed.
* Provides ongoing guidance and direction to help Team Members reach their full potential.
* Gives honest feedback that is specific, timely and action-oriented.
* Promptly recognizes and encourages effective performance.
* Helps to develop and execute plans for each Team Member that maximize strengths and improve weak areas.
* Ensures Team Members are given challenging assignments to help them learn new skills that can prepare them for the next level.
* Takes a hands-on approach to developing others by providing clear examples of desired behaviors to ensure understanding.
LEADS AND INSPIRES OTHERS: Sets the example for the team; effectively influences and motivates them to reach goals.
Acts with integrity in all dealings; demonstrates consistency in words and actions.
* Demonstrates genuineness, openness, and approachability and consistently treats all Team Members with dignity and respect.
* Effectively manages stress level during difficult situations.
* Demonstrates the ability to understand and adjust leadership style to fit others' needs.
* Plays an active role in the bar; rallies the staff in peak service periods and jumps in to help wherever needed.
* Frequently and genuinely acknowledges and rewards strong performance.
* Treats all employees in a fair and consistent manner.
* Fosters frequent dialogue between the Bar staff and all other employees.
* Demonstrates effective listening by being available to Team Members and responding to needs and concerns.
COMMUNICATION: Keeps everyone on the same page through frequent information sharing and open dialogue.
* Encourages open, honest and timely communication among Team Members.
* Holds frequent meetings where information is shared freely by staff.
* Takes advantage of opportunities to engage in one-on-one communication.
* Communicates regularly with vendors to manage par levels and upcoming events.
MANAGING EXECUTION: Precisely executes standards of food service and preparation and consistently ensures accountability for expedient, quality results from every member of the bar.
* Ensures 100% compliance with bar operating procedures, recipes, and health and safety regulations.
* Sets high standards and always looks to "raise the bar."
* Makes quality and efficiency the top priorities in bar operations.
* Holds Team Members accountable to meet obligations.
* Does not allow any sub-par beverages to go out to the guest and holds bar staff accountable for their efforts.
* Makes tough but necessary decisions in regards to discipline.
* Identifies and corrects mistakes immediately to provide hands on learning experiences.
PASSION FOR THE GUEST: Ensures that every action and decision leads to an exceptional guest experience.
* Models exemplary hospitality by doing everything they can to meet guest needs and requests.
* Encourages Team Members to focus efforts and attention on going above and beyond to exceed guest expectations and create repeat visits.
* Effectively balances guest needs with the need to run an efficient profitable bar operation.
* Stays abreast of Guest comments and utilizes Guest feedback to improve bar performance.
* Shows awareness of bar operations and tries to head off any potential problems that could impact guest needs or enjoyment of their experience.
* Follows up to ensure that guest issues and complaints are addressed and resolved promptly.
DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING: Thinks problems through, acts with urgency and always keeps the best interests of the brand at heart when making decisions.
* Able to digest information quickly, boil it down, and identify relevant issues.
* Finds root causes in order to develop workable solutions to problems.
* Draw important connections and consider both short and long-term implications of decisions.
* Right or wrong - shows the willingness to make the call and accepts responsibility for decisions and results.
* Evaluates various solutions to problems before taking action.
* Acts quickly and decisively when needed based on the need and urgency of situation.
FLEXIBLY ADAPTS AND MANAGES CHANGE: Supports and champions major food and beverage campaigns to the FOH staff in order to drive results and grow the brand.
* Responds quickly to changing needs and adapts as necessary to meet new challenges.
* Displays a positive, confident attitude for tackling new challenges and initiatives.
* Build support and commitment among bar staff by explaining purpose and goals around menu changes and other major food initiatives.
* Understands new menu items and speaks knowledgeably of changes to both FOH and BOH staff.
* Ensures that menu changes and updates are fully integrated into the beverage operations and sustained over time.
* Perseveres through resistance to change with positive influence and firm accountability.
* Effectively manages daily priorities while keeping track of long-term initiatives.
MANAGING FINANCIAL RESULTS: Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the financial components of the restaurant operation and the bar's role in meeting the bottom line.
* Analyzes financial profit and loss results, guest satisfaction measures, and other key performance data.
* Uses appropriate tools and resources to monitor bar performance and understands factors that affect success and growth.
* Supports the DO and GM initiatives to grow business in their location.
* Ensures consistent quality and execution of beverages in order to help drive the brand and increase sales.
* Displays critical insight into the key drivers of business success.
* Makes financial needs an important consideration in plans and decisions.