- TGI Fridays, an independently owned franchise
- Job Title
- Restaurant (Department) Manager
- Job Type
- Full-time, Part-time
- Est. Wages
- $15.21 to $23.50 per hour (Snag Est. )
- 4638 South 76th Street
Greenfield, WI 53220
- Last Active
- +30 days
Restaurant (Department) Manager
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Manage all areas of operations for a specific department including marketing and human resources, while ensuring the Company’s standards of quality, service and operations are maintained.
• Manage operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision-making, staff support, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
• Frequently interacts with Guests to ensure they receive the Fridays Service Style experience; follow up on any issues and complaints they may have.
• Proactively runs shifts and anticipates Guest needs.
• Ensures that the restaurant and staff are set up for an outstanding shift.
• Ensures all newly hired Team Members follow and complete their appropriate training plan, including required paper and electronic paperwork (tip credit notices included where applicable).
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date manpower plan of department staffing needs.
• Prepares schedules and ensures that their department is staffed for all shifts.
• Use the recruiting process to interview hourly Team Members, ensuring Team Members hired are fit with the brand
• Staff, train and develop their department’s hourly Team Members through ongoing feedback and coaching, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis.
• Identify operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; develop and implement plans to address opportunities (i.e., R&M, marketing).
• Perform liquor, wine, and beer check in to ensure proper invoicing.
• Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect Team Members, Guests and Company assets, including security of beer walk-in, liquor room, store room, freezer and office.
• Prepare end of shift reports.
• Directly supervise Team Members, coaching, correcting behaviors as needed, and providing recognition to continuously improve performance.
• When acting as Manager on duty, oversee all of the restaurant’s operations and conduct root cause analysis as needed to guarantee operational efficiency and an excellent Guest experience.
• Ensure great food is served to every Guest through managing all Team Members.
• Manages inventory efficiently, accurately, and in a cost-effective manner.
• Fosters open communication with BOH and FOH staff.
* Customer service issues
* Guest relations issues
* Employee relations decisions with General Managers or Human Resources input as needed
* Vendor related issues
* Team Member hiring
* Team Member terminations
* Sales and service objective strategies
* Recruiting strategies
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
* Guest satisfaction scores meet/exceed company standards
* Annual sales dollars achieved compared to budget
* Meeting/Exceeding requirements for Food Safety Audit scores for the year
* Grow sales to meet or exceed annual sales budget
* Team Member turnover meets company requirements
* Meeting Labor Budget
* 4-year college degree preferred
* Minimum of 6 months experience working in a full service restaurant
* Must be capable of performing all functions and meeting qualification standards for all hourly positions
* Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift
* Frequent bending and stooping required
* Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
* Must be able to read and write English
* Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
ASSESSING AND SELECTING TALENT: Effectively identifies and evaluates the talent within the restaurant in order to select individuals that exhibit pride, passion and personality and to build top performing teams.
* Helps identify strong team member candidates and "sells" the brand in order to get the best talent on board.
* Utilizes selection tools and processes as guidelines to effectively assess and hire the right people for the team.
* Supports selection decisions by identifying high potential within the team in order to maximize internal promotes.
* Identifies great talent based on diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities as well as common passion for the business.
* Understands where individual talent can be best utilized; matches the right people with the right job.
* Knows who top performers are and takes the necessary steps to engage and retain them.
* Ensures that new employees are equipped with the proper training and resources necessary to experience success.
COACHING FOR PERFORMANCE: Spends time guiding, teaching and providing clear and directed feedback to your team to help them grow and succeed.
* Provides ongoing guidance and direction to help Team Members reach their full potential.
* Gives honest feedback that is specific, timely and action-oriented.
* Promptly recognizes and encourages effective performance.
* Helps to develop and execute plans for each Team Member that maximize strengths and improve weak areas.
* Ensures team members are given challenging assignments to help them learn new skills that can prepare them for the next level.
* Takes a hands-on approach to developing others by providing clear examples of desired behaviors to ensure understanding.
LEADS AND INSPIRES OTHERS: Sets the example for the team; effectively influences and motivates them to reach goals.
* Acts with integrity in all dealings; demonstrates consistency in words and actions.
* Demonstrates genuineness, openness, and approachability and consistently treats all Team Members and Guests with dignity and respect.
* Effectively manages stress level during difficult situations.
* Demonstrates the ability to understand and adjust leadership style to fit others' needs.
* Rallies and harnesses the energy of the restaurant by being present, upbeat and engaged.
* Frequently and genuinely acknowledges and rewards strong performance.
* Treats all employees in a fair and consistent manner.
COMMUNICATION: Keeps everyone on the same page through frequent information sharing and open dialogue
* Encourages open, honest and timely communication among Team Members.
* Fosters frequent dialogue between the FOH and BOH staff.
* Demonstrates effective listening by being available to Team Members and responding to needs and concerns.
* Communicates the "why" behind important goals and initiatives to gain buy-in.
* Respects the opinions of others; listens to comments and concerns with an open mind.
* Holds frequent meetings where information is shared freely by staff.
* Takes advantage of opportunities to engage in one-on-one communication.
MANAGING EXECUTION: Enforces performance standards and follows up relentlessly to ensure accountability for top quality results.
* Ensures 100% compliance with standard operating procedures.
* Enforces high standards and always looks to raise the bar.
* Follows up regularly to ensure proper execution and offers support and/or redirection.
* Holds Team Members accountable to meet obligations.
* Confronts sub-par performance directly and holds people accountable for making improvements.
* Makes tough but necessary decisions in regards to discipline.
* Sets clear expectations and goals and holds others accountable for achieving them.
* Identifies and corrects mistakes immediately to provide hands on learning experiences.
PASSION FOR THE GUEST: Ensures that every action and decision leads to an exceptional Guest experience.
* Maintains visibility within the restaurant; models exemplary hospitality by engaging regularly with the Guests and interacting in a positive, sincere manner.
* Encourages Team Members to focus efforts and attention on going above and beyond to exceed Guest expectations and create repeat visits.
* Effectively balances Guest needs with business needs.
* Utilizes Guest feedback to improve the Guest experience.
* Shows awareness of Guest needs and expectations; prevents problems before they occur.
* Follows up to ensure that Guest issues and complaints are addressed and resolved promptly.
* Shows attention to food quality/appearance, ticket times, and the fine details that define the overall Guest experience.
DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING: Thinks problems through, acts with urgency and always keeps the best interests of the brand at heart when making decisions.
* Able to digest information quickly, boil it down, and identify relevant issues.
* Finds root causes in order to develop workable solutions to problems.
* Draws important connections and considers both short and long-term implications of decisions.
* Right or wrong - shows the willingness to make the call and accepts responsibility for decisions and results.
* Evaluates various solutions to problems before taking action.
* Acts quickly and decisively when needed based on the need and urgency of situation.
FLEXIBLY ADAPTS AND MANAGES CHANGE: Keeps up with shifting business needs and embraces change in order to drive results and grow the brand.
* Responds quickly to changing needs and adapts as necessary to meet new challenges.
* Displays a positive, confident attitude for tackling new challenges and initiatives.
* Understands new initiatives and speaks knowledgeably of changes to both FOH and BOH staff.
* Helps ensure that changes are fully integrated into operations and sustained over time.
* Effectively manages daily priorities while keeping track of long-term initiatives.
* Perseveres through resistance to change with positive influence and firm accountability.
MANAGING FINANCIAL RESULTS: Demonstrates an understanding of the financial components of the restaurant operation and how to impact results.
* Helps analyze financial profit and loss results, Guest satisfaction measures, and other key performance data.
* Uses appropriate tools and resources to monitor location's performance and understands factors that affect success and growth.
* Supports the DO and GMs initiatives to grow business
* Ensures consistent quality and execution of food and service in order to help drive the brand and increase sales.
* Makes financial needs an important consideration in plans and decisions.
Browse similar jobs (1028)
GREENFIELD, Wisconsin 53220
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53220
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53220