This is the job description for CAFETERIA ATTENDANT
Job Title: Cafeteria Attendant
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Executive Chef
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To provide and service the cafeteria area as well as provide food and beverage items in the cafeteria. Provide high quality guest service and demonstrates outstanding interpersonal relations.
1. Informs customers about the available food, beverage, and items available in the cafeteria and provides customers with information about the hotel.
2. Prepares specialty coffee drinks in accordance with established recipes. Operates cafeteria equipment according to proper procedures.
3. Maintains a neat and clean environment in the cafeteria. Cleans equipment, displays, floors, etc. as per SOP for daily cleaning program.
4. Straightens/refreshes/restocks merchandise and food displays to maintain a “fresh” look in the cafeteria.
5. Close and open cafeteria on time with proper setup for the day and proper closing procedure for the evening.
6. Completes all sales through the Micros system, processes transactions in accordance with established accounting procedures ensuring proper cash handling, and is responsible for a cash drawer.
7. Assists with managing inventory by monitoring stocks and working with management to place orders.
8. Accounts for all cash and secures money drops in accordance with hotel and company policies.
9. Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Deal with problems involving several variables. Ability to balance cash drawer and exercise math and basic accounting skills.
2. Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speak with poise, voice control, and confidence, using correct English and well-modulated voice.
3. Transcribing, entering, or posting data; talking with and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information, including giving assignments and or directions to helpers or assistants.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education High school diploma or equivalent education required
Experience Retail and/or customer service experience preferred. Café or barista experience preferred 3-6 months related experience and/or training.
Licenses/Certifications None required
Browse similar jobs (1)
Part-time, Full-timeNew Orleans, Louisiana 70130