• Smiles when "On Stage"
• Adheres to PCI Compliance Standards
• Is neatly attired at all times in the required uniform and name tag
• Prepares tables with special attention to sanitation and order
• Attending to guest upon entrance
• Is fully knowledgeable of menu prices, daily specials, menu items and Point of Sale systems.
• Aware at all times of the guest's needs.
• Maintains a professional and congenial attitude.
• Checks station for neatness, cleanliness, proper set-up, and backup supplies.
• Introduces himself/herself to the guest, uses guest's name whenever possible and provides information concerning daily specials or featured items.
• Suggests cocktails, appetizers, and desserts when appropriate.
• Utilizes suggestive selling.
• Takes orders promptly and processes them in the kitchen in a timely manner.
• Serves food promptly.
• Ensures that side work at the end of the shift is completed and checked by the hostess if applicable.
• Is knowledgeable of the hotel property including room rates, promotions in the hotel and local events.
• Maintains health and sanitation standards.
• Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to those contained in the NHG Handbook
• Performs other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and management.
Physical Demands: Requires ability to stand/walk for significant periods. Requires ability to move fingers and hands easily and quickly. Requires ability to communicate both orally and in writing to guests and staff members. Requires ability to lift 20 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects up to 10-35 pounds. Ability to follow schedule keeping in mind that the hotel is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Therefore, you may be required to work holidays, weekdays and weekends.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions.
Essential Skills: Knowledge of applicable standards and procedures. Requires knowledge of menu prices, daily specials. Requires ability to work well with the public and professionally represent the hotel/restaurant. Requires knowledge ability to attend to needs, requests or expressed or implicit needs of people. Must be knowledgeable of and skilled in serving etiquette and be familiar with menu items. Must have the ability to utilize simple mathematical skills to total costs and make change.
Educational Preparation: High school graduate or equivalent is required. On-the-job training or essential experience in less responsible position(s) may substitute for education. Must possess ability to professionally represent the hotel and communicate positively with the guests.
Hazards: May include, but may not be limited to, cuts from broken glass or kitchen equipment, bums, slipping and tripping.
This Position Description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may be asked to perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to perform the job successfully.