Maintenance Technician Career Opportunities!
TOMS King, a franchise of Burger King Corporation, is currently looking for bold, energetic people to join our team. If you have the drive, a big smile and a passion for delivering excellent customer service, then we want to hear from you! Best in Class Maintenance Technicians are an important ingredient to the success of the business. Our technicians are responsible for delivering our ‘Customer Promise’ by maintaining equipment in all of our restaurants, ensuring compliance with basic repairs and facility improvements within a region or area. TOMS King is deeply committed to excellence and rewards our employees for their strong performance.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for preventative and routine maintenance of equipment, buildings and grounds of the restaurants in their area or market, maintaining operational standards and procedures in an effective and efficient manner. This position operates under the direction of the Sr. District Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- HVAC maintenance and repair
- Installation and final connections to utilities for foodservice equipment, dish machines, gas equipment, steamers, mixers, etc., i.e. plumbing, electrical, gas, and steam.
- Organize work by studying manufacturer literature, diagrams, specifications, and gathering required materials to complete installation/service
- Test and repair foodservice equipment by operating the systems; identifying malfunctions; repairing or replacing parts and components
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing regular preventive maintenance and service
- Document actions by completing equipment records
- Perform periodic maintenance assessments
- Respond to emergencies including nights and weekends to correct unsafe or hazardous conditions
- Miscellaneous plumbing, electrical, light equipment repair, and perform a variety of carpentry functions
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with safety and legal regulations
- Partner with the management team on various projects/tasks as needed
- Support outside vendors when necessary
Highlights of benefits:
TOMS King offers a competitive salary, a vehicle with tools, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life and Accident Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, and Paid vacation.
TOMS King requires a High School Diploma or GED, 2 years of college preferred or equivalent experience. A successful technician must have experience working with HVAC systems, electrical systems, refrigeration and a variety of cooking equipment platforms. This position requires a valid driver’s license as a significant portion of their time traveling between restaurants. The incumbent must possess exceptional customer service and verbal communication skills, be mechanically inclined, have the ability to work independently, and possess basic knowledge of carpentry and building cosmetics. Finally, this position requires the ability to troubleshoot problem equipment, manage conflicting time constraints, and read and/or understand written and/or verbal policy, instruction and direction in English.