This description is intended to outline the primary responsibilities, general nature and level of work being performed by teammates assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and competencies of the Stocker. The incumbent may be assigned other duties and responsibilities.
Responsible for ensuring product is stocked, rotated in accordance with company policy. Provides leadership and motivation within the store to promote a culture reflective of Lowe's guiding principles, core values,and vision.
Responsible To: Store Manager / Assistant Manager
Teammates Supervised: None
Inter-Relationships: Frequent contact with all teammates, customers, corporate office and vendors. Occasional contact with teammates from other locations.
- Keep refrigerated cooler, store shelves and other displays fully stocked and blocked/faced at all times according to tag allocation or department standards.
- Follow procedures for price marking and restocking to ensure accuracy, proper product rotation and quality protection.
- Follow procedures to ensure that all cartons are opened properly to control potential for damage to goods and handle damaged and spoiled/out of date products according to company policy.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining inventory control, notify management of invoice errors and product shortages according to company policies and procedures.
- Assist in the training and development of stocking teammates as assigned.
- Keep work area maintained appropriately to ensure a safe work environment for teammates and customers.
- Must be able to perform other duties.
- Must be able to unload trucks, breakdown load and stock product.
- Assist/ or build store displays for maximum sales and turnover, display merchandise in a neat and colorful manner.
- Communicate and coordinate with Store Manager/Assistant Manager to provide feedback from the store.
- Control inventory levels to minimize over-stocks and out -of-stocks within the policy guidelines for the store to maximize sales.
- Keep perishable merchandise rotated in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in sales and storage areas. Cleaning and dusting shelves and merchandise as necessary.
- Stock and clean in accordance with Management Awareness guidelines.
- Load / Unload all trucks.
- Sweep floors during store hours, responding to spills from broken or damaged product.
- Advise store management of any maintenance or equipment problems.
- Adhere to all compliance of company policies, programs, procedures and guidelines.
- Work with store teammates to identify the root causes of issues and inefficiencies.
- Constantly interacts with teammates to ensure that all teammates understands Lowe's expectations.
- Constantly interacts with customers; remains highly visible.
- Block or face in accordance with store manager’s procedures.
Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. 1 year experience preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Possess good customer relations skills. Must posses basic math skills and be organized.
Licenses, Registration and Certification:
- Pallet Jack Certified.
- Works in a well lit, well ventilated area. Occasional exposure to refrigerated storage areas with temperatures as low as 20 degrees below zero. Subject to damp/humid conditions and seasonal outdoor weather. Occasionally subject to extreme noise from compressors or other machinery. Subject to communicable disease.
- Very hard work- exerting 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires walking and/or standing up to a significant degree. Must be able to climb, stand, bend, push or pull, twist, grasp, squeeze,stoop, kneel, squat, reach, handle, finger, feel, talk, hear and see. Subject to psychological stress.