Houseperson, Entry Level - The Lodge at Vail
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
At RockResorts/Vail Resorts Hospitality, we affectionately refer to our housekeeping staff and rooms attendants as the "heart of the house!” By adhering to the highest quality of industry standards, our housekeeping staff ensures guest satisfaction every step of the way. We are hiring new additions to our team and are looking to further enrich our talent in housekeeping! Looking for guest service oriented individuals who value cleanliness, are energetic, organized/methodical, who want to reward hard work with some fun in a spectacular mountain community. If you want to experience one of the most AMAZING places in the world, come join the hospitality team in Vail as a Houseman.
Job Duties include:
- Walk assigned floors at beginning and end of shift; remove newspapers and service trays, empty ash urns, remove trash and/or linens and note any areas that need immediate cleaning.
- Clean public areas - hallways, elevators, service areas, stairwells, etc.
- Remove dirty linen, terry and trash from the service areas and take to the appropriate locations.
- Assist sectional housekeepers as needed (i.e. moving furniture, rollaways, etc.)
- Assist in laundry when needed.
- Report missing or damaged articles, and submit all found items according to Lost and Found procedures.
- Respond to guest requests and questions and report guest issues and complaints in a hospitable manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report the need for floor cleaning/polishing and carpet shampoo; coordinate and use equipment to conduct cleaning procedures.
- Report any maintenance issues in a timely manner.
- Transport baby cribs and rollaway beds to the guest rooms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma. -preferred
- Previous housekeeping experience in hotels or condos. -required
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal. -preferred
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. -required
Able to stand for long periods of time in excess of 2 hours without sitting. –required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 149776