The Assistant Manager helps ensure that the restaurant operates smoothly and in a high state of cleanliness and provides strong leadership and supervision to the staff. He or she helps manage and train the staff to ensure they provide exceptional service to customers in a timely, courteous, efficient, and accurate manner and that they follow proper sanitation standards and keep all areas clean and sanitary at all times.
The ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma with some additional coursework or training in restaurant management (college degree in Hospitality, Food Service Management, or a related field preferred) and at least one year of restaurant experience. Previous management experience in a hospitality, food service, or customer service position is highly preferred. Fluent English speaking and written communication skills, good time management skills, and professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
- Oversees production of food according to sanitation and quality standards
- Manages and mentors staff, including recruiting/hiring/training of all employees, overseeing HR/payroll, managing issues of discipline/termination, ensuring ongoing training/education, etc.
- Manages supplies and ensures orderly work areas
- Ensures that work areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and all company policies
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required
- Addresses customer concerns and issues
- Ensures stated goals are met
- High school diploma or high school equivalency diploma required; some post high school education or training preferred
- One year of relevant experience
- Experience in supervising and managing staff
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, staffing, and scheduling
- Strong financial acumen and P&L accountability experience
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
- Drug Free Workplace
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Service Awards
- Workers Compensation