Reports to: Kitchen Manager/AKM/Kitchen supervisor
Salary / Grade Level: Hourly/Exempt
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that all Guests have an AWESOME Experience, and are EXCITED to come back.
- Provides Guests and team members with clean sanitized and spot-free utensils plate-ware, glassware and equipment.
- Washes plate-ware, glassware, silverware and posts/pans and kitchen utensils adhering to sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Keeps the kitchen clean by sweeping and mopping floors and emptying trash as needed.
- Sets up dish machine in the AM and closes down the dish machine in the PM according to proper procedures.
- Maintains daily cleanliness and maintenance of dish machine.
- Maintains clean and safe exterior of building. Communicates facility concerns immediately to supervisor.
- Trouble-shoots dishwasher machine malfunctions.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift.
- Completes assigned prep work and beautification duties.
- Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Assists other Team Members as needed or when business needs dictate.
EDUCATION / EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work is typically performed in the restaurant environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The work involves a majority of sitting, bending, stooping, twisting, climbing and some lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Stands 100% of shift.
- Lifts and carries weights of up to 70lbs up to 20 times per shift; places these items on high shelves and in walk-in cooler and freezer.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Works indoors 75%, outdoors 25%
- Works frequently in hot and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water of varying temperature.
- Frequently immerses hands in water diluted with chemical solutions.
- Frequently works with sharp knives and utensils.
- Frequently works with hot plates.
Only those present in a normal restaurant setting; no known significant hazards.
- Work performed in the restaurant has minimal exposure to cleaning chemicals, cooking equipment along with minimal machinery with moving parts.