WHO ARE WE?
The Amber Ox team has a passion for great beer, an obsession with delicious local food, and an unwavering dedication to providing unforgettable customer experiences. Yes, we’re a brewery, but we’re not your average brewery. We serve our own meticulously crafted beer along with the best beers from a carefully curated list of top-notch brewers from the surrounding states. We are thrilled to offer our patrons the most interesting beer list in the region. And if beer isn’t your thing, no worries. We also offer a robust beverage program centered on wines and spirits sourced from local producers and distilleries.
And, yes, we’re a restaurant, but we’re not your average restaurant either. Here, you’ll discover a mix of eclectic, elevated and unexpected dishes — many of which pay ode to classic Southern fare. But with a contemporary twist. We place a spotlight on crafting fresh seasonal dishes that feature the best regionally-sourced produce and ingredients available. Put simply, the inspired food on our diverse menu is prepared with finesse but no pretense.
Our chef and brew master apply thoughtful precision and focus to each killer beer brewed and every flavorful dish served. Featuring daily specials and unique creations, our menu constantly evolves to reflect new ideas and the best of the season.
The Utility ambassador position at the Amber Ox Kitchen & Brewery is responsible for maintain the cleanliness, organization and equipment inventory levels of our restaurant at all times. Without these critical tasks being completed, the operation cannot function properly!
As a Utility Ambassador you will be responsible for the set up and operations of our utility station. You will own the cleanliness of our china, glass and silverware as well as the proper cleanliness of our kitchen equipment. Aside from the utility station upkeep, you will also be responsible for following a detailed daily cleaning task list as dictated by the Executive Chef and Sous Chef. The Utility position at the Amber Ox is extremely crucial to our success due to the support it offers all areas of the operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote, work and act in a manner consistent with the mission of the Amber Ox Kitchen & Brewery.
- Arrive to work on time and ready work.
- Maintain a positive, upbeat attitude at all times regardless of business volume.
- Properly set up, open maintain the utility station throughout service.
- Monitor the cleanliness of all company assets and ensure items are properly handled once clean.
- Monitor the dish machine’s temperature and chemical levels throughout the day and ensure it is operating properly.
- Remove all refuse and dispose of in proper containers (garbage, recycling, food waste, spent grain, etc.)
- Clean floors throughout the day, constantly monitoring all work areas for cleanliness
- Complete daily cleaning tasks lists as dictated by management.
- Maintain a clean and organized station at all times, regardless of business volume.
- Follow all company SOP’s at all times.
- Assist all fellow employees in their duties to maintain a high level of service at all times, regardless of station.
- Proven experience as a utility ambassador in a high-volume restaurant or bar operation.
- Able to follow proper cleaning and chemical handling procedures.
- Possess an energetic, enthusiastic, positive and generally upbeat personality with guests and co-workers.
- Has a proven work history of being reliable and punctual.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the utility environment and lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- An obsessive dedication to cleaning and sanitation practices.
- A passion for creating exceptional guest experiences by delivering genuine hospitality.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills and possess the ability to interact with guests daily
Must be 16 years or older with a valid U.S. driver’s license and the legal ability to work in the United States.
Browse similar jobs (92)
Williamsburg, Virginia 23185
Williamsburg, Virginia 23188