STORE MANAGER-Brookings, SD-Brookings
Do you want to be empowered to succeed? Be part of a collaborative team that celebrates success? If meeting and exceeding monthly sales goals while helping others achieve their targets sounds exciting, we are looking for you! Victra is Verizon's most trusted premium retailer in the United States. Together with your Assistant Store Manager, you will drive sales management, operational duties, safety and security of our employees, and motivate the rest of your team to greatness. You will be highly involved in hiring, training, and developing your team to ensure your location sales objectives are attained.
Your Focus (Responsibilities):
As a Retail Store Manager, we rely on your ability to build sales momentum, work well in a team environment and to lead by example. Your leadership will set the tone for your team to meet and exceed performance goals.
We also look for the Retail Store Manager to:
- Recruit, train, coach and develop sales staff on all aspects of sales for Victra including, but not limited to, sales techniques, products, promotions, and procedures
- Actively manage and motivate sales team every single day to ensure Victra sales quotas are being met or exceeded
- Provide effective performance feedback to all staff and sets timeframe for achievement
- Consistently find ways to increase employee and location productivity, and drive sales
- Maintain appropriate level of staffing at location by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees
- Ensure availability of merchandise by maintaining inventory levels
- Market merchandise by adhering to advertising, sales promotion, and display plans
- Secure merchandise and protect employees by adhering to security standards
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as required
- Handle scheduling of staff at location to ensure appropriate shift coverage
- Handle all intensified customer service issues with professionalism
- Execute daily operational procedures with efficiency, diligence, and integrity
- Communicate, execute, and implement Victra policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA.
YOUR EXPERIENCE (Requirements)
Next to being committed to superior customer service, you also have experience leading a team to greatness. We look for you to also bring the following:
- High School diploma, AA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a retail sales environment, 2 years in a leadership/supervisory role
We also have expectations that you bring the following traits:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic interview skills and enhanced staffing knowledge
- Relevant history of high retail sales performance
- Basic Math Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- (unless accommodations are required/requested for an employee under the ADA)
- Up to 10%
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
**The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees so classified.