Food and Beverage Associate - Hiring Event!
Click Apply now to immediately schedule an in person interview!
What will I be doing?
You’ll be learning, growing and having fun. Gaining skills for life as you take on the responsibilities of this important role.
Prepares and serves food to park guests and operates cash registers while providing quality service to park guests in a clean, safe atmosphere.
- Greets guests, answers questions, ensures quality service, and resolves complaints for guests; takes proper payment and makes change for food and beverage items using a cash register.
- Takes and fills food and beverage orders from guests; cooks and prepares food items; serves food in correct portions to ensure proper food cost procedures are followed, notifies kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Uses soda fountains to serve cold drinks and to make milkshakes and frozen desserts; uses hot water heater or coffee maker to make and serve hot drinks; ensures product temperature controls are met and maintained for quality and safety; follows all Board of Health regulations.
- Squeegees floors, wipes off counters, sweeps, empties trash and completes other general cleaning duties.
- Maintains proper stock levels for all serving, kitchen, dining and condiment areas; alerts Team Leader of supply shortages.
- Ensures all safety equipment is being used properly; alerts Supervisor or any malfunctions, safety concerns, or needs.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair’s attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair’s attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Additional responsibilities for 18 years of age and above:
- Taps beer kegs, serves draft beer and bottled alcoholic beverages.
- Monitors and manages alcohol sales and consumption consistent with Ohio Liquor Laws, including checking proper identification for the minimum age requirement of 21 years to purchase alcohol.
- Minimum Age
- 15+ years old