SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
At Tropical Smoothie Café, we inspire a healthier lifestyle by serving amazing food and smoothies with a bit of tropical fun! Our Café Managers are key to delivering on this promise which is driven by our four values: Solid Relationships, Playing to Win, Creative Spirit and Living Better. If you are an experienced Shift Leader who has demonstrated that you are ready to take the next step in your career, you would be a great Tropical Smoothie Café Manager.
- Interacts with crew members, customers, and vendors using “Tropitude” (Tropitude is our “mojo” and what makes Tropical Smoothie Café fun and different. It means having energy and creating a positive atmosphere).
- Delivers “Unparalleled Hospitality” to each customer that visits our café.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in each position within the café.
- Successfully completed the café Basics, Certified Trainer and Crew Leader Training Programs.
- Recruits, interviews, hires and trains new Crew Members to ensure the café is staffed at the appropriate level.
- Manages and delegates daily functions of the café, including prepping product, making food and smoothies, serving customers and completing daily and weekly cleaning duties.
- Manages the ordering, inventory and reconciling invoices for all products.
- Hits sales goals, manages labor and controls inventory using the Micros MyInventory program.
- Ensures sanitation practices are being used in handling and preparing food in the kitchen.
- Ensures all safety and security policies are being followed as set by the brand.
- Trains and coaches Crew Members/Shift Leaders during each shift to ensure brand standards are upheld.
- Performs any additional tasks necessary to run the café.
- Two or more years of restaurant experience, including progressive supervisory experience.
- Legally able to work within the State and Federal guidelines.
- Valid driver's license.
- Serv Safe Certified preferred.
- Continuous standing and walking throughout the duration of each shift.
- Bending, lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds to perform duties like stocking, refilling ice or taking out trash.
- Constant face-to-face interactions with crew members and customers.
- Safely navigate in a fast-paced cafe environment.
- Ability to multi-task and remain positive in sometimes stressful working conditions.
- Most shifts are ten hours, but this may vary.
- Cafe Managers can expect to have some early mornings, late evenings, weekend and/or holiday hours and will have additional opening/closing responsibilities.
- Lead Crew Members and Leaders by demonstrating Tropical Smoothie Cafes core values in all interactions.
- Comply with the Tropical Smoothie Cafe uniform and personal hygiene polices for each shift. ? Fun, fast-paced, upbeat environment with no fryers!