Host / Hostess
Primary Responsibilities: Greets and seats all guests in a friendly manner and assists in maintaining the overall guest flow of the restaurant.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Greets and seats the guest and accommodates any special needs, i.e., boosters, highchairs, disabilities.
- Manages the Wait List when the restaurant is full.
- Busses tables and provides guest assistance to servers.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Fills out the feature board and inflates balloons.
- Checks the overall cleanliness of the restrooms on a routine basis.
- Participates in rolling silverware.
- Completes assigned cleaning duties.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.
- Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off of the floor, and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the restaurant.
- Reading, writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Transports and carries objects (such as high chair) up to 15 pounds up to 15 times a shift.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods up to four (4) hours in length. Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees.