Machine Operator I - 1st/2nd Shift
Machine Operator I
The Machine Operator I operates assigned stations and all other associated work including preventative maintenance, machine changeovers, making minor adjustments to maintain greatest operational efficiency, assist other mechanics, etc.
Join the team at Dr Pepper Snapple Group and make a difference by pursuing everything that you do with the determination that sets us apart from our competitors. Driving for results leads to recognition and personal growth within the company, helping us to achieve our goal to Be the Best Beverage Business in the Americas. The success that comes from within each of us is recognized, and creates opportunities for your growth in the organization.
Shift and Schedule
This is a full time permanent position working on 1st and 2nd shift. Must be flexible to work overtime and weekends as the business may need.
1. Operate, monitor and troubleshoot high volume fillers to maintain high efficiency.
2. Performs connections of process piping for liquid transfer to packaging lines as assigned.
3. Ensures timely completion of assignments in accordance with scheduling and to meet internal and external customer needs.
4. Produces and/or packages materials by safely operating various packaging lines and equipment as required to meet production schedule.
5. Follow all Safety and Operation policies and procedures defined and outlined by SQF, GMP, OSHA and company policy.
6. Operate forklift truck and all material handling equipment in accordance with OSHA and company policy.Ensures equipment is operating properly and safely.
7. Right first time by performing inline QUALITY check as assigned and strives to pack the perfect package.
8. Perform quality checks and adhere to Safe Quality Food requirements, expectations outlined by company policy and specifications defined in the process instruction sheets (PI sheets).
9. Responsible for cleaning and sanitation of all equipment in line with quality expectations defined by Safe Quality Foods (SQF) guidelines and process instruction sheets (PI sheets).
10. Ensures that all products produced meets quality specifications by properly sanitizing all equipment and accurately checking labeling, fill weights by following specification sheet provided via process instruction sheet.
11. Maintains the entire work area in a clean and orderly condition.
12. Accurately records production information and material usage in SAP PI sheet (process instruction sheet) as the actual production takes place.
13. Monitors equipment performance and performs routine care and maintenance as required. Works in partnership with maintenance technician to resolve equipment problems.
14. Conducts in process quality checks and provides samples for the quality lab.
15. Work in partnership with maintenance technicians to resolve equipment issues and perform preventive maintenance.
16. Assist in cross training team members and coworkers as assigned.
17. Assist in data collection and ongoing projects as assigned.
18. Attend all required meetings.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
20. Must possess good communication skills, and the proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
21. Must possess the ability to effectively apply mathematical concepts and reasoning skills.
We take great pride in offering our people benefits that are competitive. We appreciate hard work, innovative ideas and unending passion, which is why we provide a comprehensive set of benefits and options designed to fit the unique lifestyles of our employees from day one based on eligibility requirements.
- 2 years prior experience with operation of high-speed production machinery and monitoring of product quality
- Lift, push and pull a minimum of 50lbs repeatedly
Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (NYSE: DPS) is the leading producer of flavored beverages in North America and the Caribbean. Our success is fueled by more than 50 brands that are synonymous with refreshment, fun and flavor. We have 6 of the top 10 non-cola soft drinks, and 11 of our 14 leading brands are No. 1 in their flavor categories. In addition to our flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, our portfolio includes Sunkist soda, 7UP, A&W, Canada Dry, Crush, Mott's, Squirt, Hawaiian Punch, Peñafiel, Clamato, Schweppes, Rose's and Mr & Mrs T mixers.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Dr Pepper Snapple Group recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old