Performs a variety of procedures to assist in the collection, shipping, and/or delivery of biospecimens at assigned locations following established standard operating procedures. Will be responsible for performing a variety of venipuncture techniques involved with the collection of biospecimens from donors for laboratory research.
- Ensure all field phlebotomy and biospecimens are collected (according to established policies) accurately and on time.
- Carefully label tubes for transport and ship accordingly in a timely manner
- Responsible for the delivery of the biospecimens in a timely manner.
- Disposes of biohazard containers as scheduled.
- Work independently and autonomously at assigned biospecimens draw locations.
- Demonstrate exceptional telephone etiquette and be able to greet donors in a polite and friendly manner.
- Adhere to Sanguine Biosciences' code of grooming and dress code.
- Promote a positive image to donors, employees, and the public in general.
- Be responsible for all equipment provided to them.
- Work cooperatively and fully communicates any issues that arise.
- Keep the donor's best interest in mind when arriving at assigned biospecimens draw site. Any unsafe issues or conditions must be followed according to established policies and procedures.
- Available for training throughout the year and at any given time.
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician Certificate (CPT) or similar depending on state law
- 2+ years phlebotomy experience preferred
- Willing to drive up to 60-200 miles for a visit
- Regular access to automobile
- Ownership of an iPhone or Android smartphone capable of taking pictures
- Personable and Friendly
- Regular access to a working email address
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using mobile technology
- Ownership of a Mobile Centrifuge (preferred, not required)
- Flexible Schedule
(Mileage Range) Compensation
Round-trip Mileage 0 – 50 miles $60
51 – 100 miles $70
101 – 150 miles $100
151- 200 miles $125
201 – 300 miles $150
*Above 300 miles will be compensated on a case-by-case basis.
You may be eligible to work on other studies as well. The contract only lists the standard rate but when you are scheduled for a visit for a non-standard study the pay will be presented to you ahead of the visit and you will be paid that amount.
If you are working on a clinical trial, you will sign an amendment to the contract listing the visit pay for that particular trial.