Automotive/ Diesel Mechanic (17454)
Now Hiring Fleet Mechanics!
Gas/Diesel/Alternative Fuel Techs
Do you have gasoline light & medium duty experience? Join our team at our West Point, MS location! First Student has consistent year-round work - NOT seasonal or flat-rate pay.
Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
- Competitive Wages & Consistent Pay - Hourly Rate (NOT Flat Rate)
- Consistent year-round work!
- ASE training and testing materials provided - Earn more money for each certification you obtain!
- Growth potential - Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- Ongoing training - learn and work on gas, diesel, & propane vehicles
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
- Repairs and maintains school buses and school bus equipment.
- Test drives repaired equipment.
- Inspects and services vehicles
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver's license; CDL preferred (in-house training provided!)
- Technical school training preferred
- Previous Gas, Diesel, or Alternative Fuel experience
- ASE Certifications strongly preferred
- Subject to a background check and drug screen
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer