The Shift Manager is responsible for overall daily operation for the restaurant and guest satisfaction and coaching and development of front of house and back of house crew.
• Assists Assistant General Manager and General Manager with training programs for restaurant management personnel, including new procedure rollouts.
• Expert in all line and kitchen operations and ensures restaurant operations are being executed accordingly.
• Assist in career development plans (including utilizing key performance indicators, performance review process and succession planning process) for all tribe members.
• Develop and cross-train of all line and kitchen crew; training and developing for future Service Managers.
• Compliant with employment-related policies, including but not limited to, policies prohibiting discrimination, harassment and other inappropriate conduct, wage and hour policies and child labor laws.
• Knowledge of financial performance, including all weekly and monthly reports, business reviews and monthly profit and loss (P&L) projections.
• Demonstrates high caliber leadership and the ability to remove obstacles to ensure that restaurants have the highest standards of service, safety, cleanliness, organization, food quality and ambience.
• Manages and monitors the compliance of cash handling policies, banking procedures and deposit verifications.
• Establishes and manages market priorities and objectives, including meeting current sales and profit goals.
Knowledge & Skills
* Ability to make confident decisions.
* Ability to maintain high energy level and stamina with regard to demanding schedule and work load.
* Ability to build a high-impact team.
* Decision making skills, organizational and conflict resolution skills.
* Proactive thinker, self-motivated, and displays excellent problem solving skills.
* Ability to read, write, and speak English.
* Understanding of FIFO protein standards and procedures.
* Able to stand for extended periods of time with frequent walking, kneeling, bending, and reaching.
* Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally.
* 2+ years of industry related experience
* Certified by Manager and Regional Manager as master of all front of house and back of house operations and have served as Kitchen Manager.
* Frequent walking, kneeling, bending and reaching.
* Able to stand and be active for extended periods of time which may be at least 8 hours per shift.
* Able to bend at the waist and lift items up to 50 lbs to waist level.
* Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 20 pounds frequently.
* Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination.