Position: Maintenance Technician/Mechanic (2nd Shift)
Job Summary: Our Client in the Sun Prairie area is looking for a 2nd Shift Maintenance Technician/Mechanic. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform primarily mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, repair, installation and maintenance of printing and finishing equipment in a timely, efficient and accurate manner while keeping impact on production as minimal as possible.
- Prepare tools/equipment, plan repair procedures and complete material lists for assigned jobs in advance of beginning job and/or performing preventative maintenance.
- Order and/or fabricate parts, perform skilled fitting and aligning as required using precision measuring instruments for exacting standards.
- Expedite repairs for unscheduled maintenance jobs in the most efficient and timely procedure as possible.
- Contribute to the general housekeeping, upkeep, and organization of the department space, equipment and tooling.
- Performance of all duties in a safe and ergonomically correct manner
- Obtain assignments and maintain records in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) currently MicroMain.
- Perform any assignments as instructed by Lead Mechanic, Production Supervisor or Department Manager
Location: Sun Prairie
Pay: $14.20-21.39 per hour (starting pay based on experience)
Schedule: For this 2nd shift role, the work schedule includes four 9-hour days Monday – Thursday, 2:00pm - 11:30pm (1/2 hour unpaid lunch) and a 4-hour day on Friday, 12:00pm – 4:00pm. This provides for a half day on Friday and a longer weekend! However, based on business needs, overtime may be required periodically.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Required Qualifications
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1-year previous Maintenance Mechanic/Technician experience in a manufacturing environment required; successful candidate will have strong mechanical skills to troubleshoot, fabricate and repair parts vs. replace entire components on equipment as needed.
- Demonstrate organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Display strong communication skills; ability to read, write and speak English.
- Possess basic math and computer operation skills.
- Able to stand/kneel for long periods of time, bend, twist and lift/carry up to 30 pounds.
- Be dependable and work the agreed upon schedule.
- Have reliable transportation.
Position Preferred Qualifications
- Press or label manufacturing or maintenance experience preferred, not required as we will train
- Associates/undergraduate degree or some college coursework beneficial.
- Understanding of, or experience working in a Lean and/or Quick Response Manufacturing (QRM) environment desirable.
- An in-depth training program prepares all team members for success.
- Tools provided by the Company
- Opportunities for employees to provide input/suggestions on process improvements.
- Climate controlled (air conditioned/heated)
Four Ways to Apply:
- Resumes may be emailed to
- Complete an application on our website https://apply.expresspros.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2f submit it to the Madison, Wisconsin location
- Call our office 608-237-8717
- Visit our office 1731 Thierer Rd, Madison, WI 53704
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals, including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Let us help you today!
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit https://www.expresspros.com/madisonwi/
Express Employment Professionals
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express has nearly 750 franchise locations that provide a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative. There are many advantages by choosing Express, like:
- One application makes you eligible for positions with multiple top companies
- No fees for job seekers
- Benefits available
For more information visit us online at ExpressPros.com.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Browse similar jobs
- Associates Degree Jobs
- Clerical Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Construction Jobs
- Electrician Jobs
- Flexible Hours Jobs
- Full-Time Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Manufacturing Jobs
- Medical Benefits Jobs
- Machine Maintenance Jobs
- Math Jobs
- Paid Time Off Jobs
- Retirement Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Training Jobs
- Writing Jobs
- Part-Time Jobs