Titanium Metals Corporation (“TIMET”) offers a full range of titanium products, including ingot and slab, forging billet and mill forms. TIMET, a Division of PCC, is vertically integrated, capable of making its own titanium sponge. PCC is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products that serves the aerospace, power and general industrial markets. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth. The boards of directors of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and Precision Castparts Corp. unanimously approved an agreement for Berkshire Hathaway to acquire all outstanding PCC shares, and effective January 29, 2016, PCC became an independent subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
TIMET offers a year round co-op program and internship opportunities. Currently we have paid co-op/internship openings for students pursuing four year degrees for the fall, spring, and summer sessions at our Henderson, NV plant. This internship will be in production with challenging assignments that will provide the opportunity to learn “real world” experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The student will apply principles that he or she has learned in school to hands-on situations, such as process and product design and improvement.
- The student will be responsible for accomplishing performance goals and will receive progressive responsibility in process and /or production engineering throughout the co-op experience.
- Will identify and recommend process improvements for specified projects.
- Student will attend regular departmental meetings.
- Student will attend training sessions and other appropriate educational opportunities.
- Will perform or review systems analysis, testing, and documentation for existing processes.
- Will take ownership and responsibility for identified projects.
- Participate on project teams for assigned projects; analyze improvements and new product or applications and develop requirements and specifications with team.
- Work within specifications provided to meet project goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of related engineering discipline functional and technical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Good writing skills and interpersonal skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be a full-time student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or related discipline.
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
- Must have completed first year of college.
- Must commit to a minimum of 6 months for Co-op/Internship rotational assignment.
***We maintain a drug free workplace***