Titanium Metals Corporation (“TIMET”) offers a full range of titanium products, including ingot and slab, forging billet and mill forms. TIMET, a Division of PCC, is vertically integrated, capable of making its own titanium sponge. PCC is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products that serves the aerospace, power and general industrial markets. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth. The boards of directors of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and Precision Castparts Corp. unanimously approved an agreement for Berkshire Hathaway to acquire all outstanding PCC shares, and effective January 29, 2016, PCC became an independent subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
TIMET offers a year round co-op program and summer intern opportunities. Currently we have paid co-op/internship openings for students pursuing four year degrees for the fall, spring, and summer sessions. This internship will be in production with challenging assignments that will provide the opportunity to learn “real world” experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· You will apply principles learned in school to hands-on situations.
· You will be responsible for accomplishing performance goals.
· You will identify and recommend process improvements for specified projects.
· Work within specifications provided to meet project goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner. Job Title: Engineering Co-op Student Department: Production Reports To: Sr. Production Engineer SUMMARY The co-op student will be working on job assignments related to their functional engineering discipline. These increasingly challenging assignments will provide foremost an effective learning assignment and then a sound intellectual and/or financial return for the PCC organization. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The student will apply principles that he or she has learned in school to hands-on situations, such as process and product design and improvement.
- The student will be responsible for accomplishing performance goals and will receive progressive responsibility in process and /or product engineering throughout his/her co-op experience.
- Will identify and recommend process improvements for specified projects.
- Student will attend regular departmental meeting.
- Student will attend training sessions, symposiums and other appropriate educational opportunities.
- Will perform or review systems analysis, testing, and documentation for existing processes.
- Will take ownership and responsibility for identified projects.
- Participate on project teams for assigned projects; analyze improvements and new product or applications and develop requirements and specifications with team.
- Work within specifications provided to meet project goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner
- Participate with peers, project team members, and other departments on new product development, product line extensions, and product enhancements
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of related engineering discipline functional and technical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Good writing skills and interpersonal skills