The Store Manager position is focused on At Home's largest stores, with high square footage, high volume of sales and 25 or more team members. in partnership with the Store Director, the Store Manager manages the operational and team member aspects of the business at the store level. The SM selects, directs, develops and motivates team members to execute the Company's business objectives to ensure customer satisfaction and maximize sales. The SM manages the entirety of the store team to maintain a neat, clean and safe store to provide the kind of environment our customers want to shop and in which our team members enjoy working. The SM achieves success by providing problem-solving resources; managing staff and working collaboratively with the Store Director.
Summary of Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The SM is responsible for building, coaching and maintaining a store team to meet business objectives. The SM will recruit, interview, and manage team members to ensure positive customer experience and positive team member development. The SM plays an essential role in the hiring process, including recruiting, reviewing resumes, interviewing and evaluating candidates, and selecting candidates for hire. Ensures all new hires are properly trained.
- The SM coaches team members, drives team member performance, sets team member goals and, where appropriate, takes follow-up action with team members, including developing written performance support plans and other related performance improvement and corrective matters. The SM is an active participant in all employment decisions for store team members, including decisions relating to team member compensation, promotions, transfers and releases.
- The SM directs and schedules team members for their shifts and tasks on a daily and weekly basis, and adjusts the schedule as needed based on operational objectives.
- Analyzes store financial and business data through the store scorecard, including sales and expenses, and develops and executes budgets, financial plans and strategies to maximize sales and profits.
- Manages the store in a manner designed to provide customers a positive shopping experience in a neat, clean and safe store while minimizing damages and shrink.
- Trains and directs team members on proper Company policies and procedures and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Leads the store team in the areas of customer satisfaction, team/team member development, merchandising, inventory, cash control, human resources, safety, loss prevention and expense control, so the store will operate effectively and profitably. Develops and leads regular meetings with team members on these subjects.
- Serves as a role model and coach, especially as it relates to the customer experience and maintaining a neat, clean, and organized store through conditioning, through living the vision and values.
- Builds and maintains a strong and highly productive team by helping team members understand strategy and business model to ensure consistent and standard execution of At Home initiatives.
- Responsible for managing the store opening and closing process, which includes timely openings, operational readiness, troubleshooting, team management, and building, asset, and team member security.
- Manages the flow of cash accurately, analyzes and reports daily sales numbers by ensuring front-end audit and cash compliance responsibilities are maintained.
- Coordinates with Store Director to maximize staffing effectiveness to support the business flow of customer traffic and sales including reviewing team member time records for compliance with Company timekeeping policies, and processing payroll timely and accurately to meet labor model standards and business metrics. The SM adjusts staffing assignments and team schedules as needed to comply with operational objectives, and makes recommendations about whether additional labor, such as team member overtime or additional people, may be necessary. Responsible for approving team member overtime when necessary.
- Plans, delegates and manages tasks performed by team members to ensure completion and performance in the most efficient manner.
- Addresses team member and customer concerns and problems in the store.
- And, any additional assigned responsibilities.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- At least 18 years old
- High School Diploma/Equivalent; College degree preferred
- At least 3 years Management/Leadership experience or equivalent At Home experience
- At least 3 years' direct responsibility of leading 10 or more people in multiple departments or equivalent At Home experience
- At least 1 year experience direct/indirect familiarity or responsibility for annual revenue, operating budget, or profit & loss dollars of at least $5 million
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., team lift 100 lbs.
- Contributes to a customer focused environment while demonstrating excellent service.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with customers, team and leadership; keeps others informed and takes appropriate partnerships where necessary. Excellent verbal, written and comprehension communication skills.
- Reliable and trustworthy role model for ethical and honest behavior. Does the right thing for the team member, the customer and the company in all situations.
- Creates a sense of urgency; promotes team work, delegates appropriately; motivates self and team to accomplish objectives. Timely and thorough execution.
- Ability to comprehend, train, develops, motivate and lead in a manner of fostering a work environment that is smart & scrappy, safe and fun.
- Flexible and creative with an ability to handle multiple tasks where priorities shift with the demands of the business.
Browse similar jobs (687)
Part-timeGladstone, MO 64118
Kansas City, Missouri 64118
Full-time8780 N. Ambassador Drive
Kansas City, Missouri 64154
Full-time, Part-timeKansas City, Missouri 64118