At Panera Bread, we make sure each of our associates and managers feel the same kind of "Panera Warmth" that our guests experience.
Panera Bread is a culture of warmth that provides an environment which allows us to be ourselves, while embracing diverse backgrounds, values, and beliefs. Your talents and our vision combine to provide opportunities that promote your individual development and our continued success.
Attracting the most talented Associates is critical to our continued success. We are looking for Guest Advocates that understand the value of working as part of a team. If you are a Constant Learner who takes pride in your work and enjoys working in a fast-paced (but not fast food) environment, you may be a fit for Panera. We can offer you a great place to work, flexible hours and lots of room to grow. But fear not - while we do want to be a part of your life, we believe in work/life balance. In fact, 'being balanced' is one of our company values.
You will have the opportunity to apply as a Cashier, Sandwich/Salad Maker or Prep Associate but in each position, you will fill the same Job Roles:
Team Member: As a team member, you get and give respect, ask and answer questions, and always give your best to serve the customer and the team. You willingly play your part, whatever that may be, in making the bakery-cafe a warm and welcoming place.
Constant Learner: Panera is always changing. Whether it is the menu, the procedures, or the way we celebrate, we are always striving to be better. As an Associate you are committed to continuous learning and show great flexibility as you apply your knowledge, however, and wherever, it is needed.
Craftsperson: Whether making sandwiches, brewing coffee, running the register or cleaning the floors—whatever you are doing—you do it to the high standard of excellence set by Panera. You take pride in every aspect of your work and perform it with energy and enthusiasm.
Face of Panera: Your warmth, humor and friendliness create the Face of Panera. This provides the connection for the customer to call it “My Panera.”
Customer Advocate: You know what the customer wants and you deliver it—fast, accurate and friendly service. You consistently follow Rule #1: break any rule to keep the customer satisfied. You always hear and sense customer needs, and keep managers and fellow team members informed on an ongoing basis.
- Greet guests to make them feel comfortable and welcome
- Follow Panera’s operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety/security to ensure the safety of all team members during each shift
- Demonstrate knowledge of the brand and menu items
- Quickly and accurately prepare and deliver products and to-go orders
- Check food quality and presentation and food temperatures throughout the day to ensure that food is fresh and safe to serve
- Follow sanitation and safety procedures including knife handling
- Maintain cleanliness and organization throughout the cafe and ensure proper setup and/or breakdown of the entire cafe including dining room, restrooms, kitchen and prep areas
- Work as a team to prepare the cafe for each shift
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the Concept Essence and Cultural Values of Panera Bread
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Excellent guest service skills required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Team-oriented, adaptable, dependable, and strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Previous cafe experience preferred
The health and well-being of our associates is a high priority at Panera Bread. We offer competitive compensation and benefits to both hourly and salaried associates, based on eligibility and availability. We believe these are key components of our associates' Total Rewards and employment experience.
- Competitive Pay
- Health Care Benefits
- Flexible Hours
- Extensive Training
- Meal Discounts
- Real Advancement Opportunities
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
- Competitive Wage
- Health, Dental, Vacation for full-time employees
- Fun and exciting work environment
- Opportunity for advancement
Browse similar jobs (1762)
Huntington, New York 11743
Syosset, New York 11791