The Catering Clerk is first and foremost responsible for customer relations and satisfaction. They are expected to create an environment of food exploration, innovation and dedication for customers and employees. They will wait assist the Catering Manager with events and caterings. Maintain station at all times during a shift and properly close the station.
- Create a culture of food exploration, innovation and education for customers and employees
- Ensure that events are properly equipped and executed by transporting, pulling, setting up and breaking down, as well as returning equipment to designated storages in compliance with event standards and instructions.
- Perform side work by helping to provide a safe and clean work environment.
- Clean, organize and restock equipment/product returning from catering events.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call, including taking product orders
- Provide quick, sincere customer service in accordance with company standards.
- Keep station clean and organized at all time.
- Maintain proper portioning.
- Maintain product at proper temperatures.
- Never allow cross contamination to take place in work stations.
- Ensure proper food safety and sanitation procedures are performed.
- Other duties are directed.
Direct: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must maintain state Food Handler's Permit.
- Must be 18 years or older.
Skills and Experiences:
- Must have ability to read and comprehend labels on chemicals.
- Must be able to work in a fast, efficient and controlled manner.
- Ability to function in a team environment and get along with others.
- There are no travel requirements with this position.
- Work space will be primarily in kitchen environment with exposure to machine induced background noise, ice/wet areas, hot grills, fryers, slicers, freezers and refrigerated areas.
- Exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals.
- Must be available to work flexible or unusual hours as needed, including early mornings or overnight shifts.
- Must be able to perform physical activity: Lifting, standing/walking, bending, twisting, reaching, touching product, pushing/pulling, sitting.
- Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.