Intermediate Maintenance Tech - Beaver Creek Hospitality - Beaver Creek, CO (V)
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to;
- Performs routine, emergency, and preventive maintenance on all facilities and equipment managed by the department
- Make competent decisions while thinking of the guest, owner, and resort interest at all times
- Maintains a good attitude and people skills at all times, including during high-pressure situations and adverse equipment failures
- Use skill-based knowledge to perform tasks in a professional manner at all times with focus on safety, efficiency, and quality of work
- Planning, execution, control, and communication within department as well as other departments, homeowners, and guests as necessary
- Repair and replace parts, piping valves and other fittings, dry wall application, painting and other repair and maintenance duties.
- Good knowledge in appliance installation, general mechanics, wood work, plumbing, electrical, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledgeable on Lock out tag out procedure, OSHA, EPA and MSDS.
- Implement preventative maintenance programs for rental units, public areas, and equipment.
- Attend training classes for job specific skills, and receive training from other maintenance staff as well as outside contractors.
- Provide training to other staff members as needed.
- Coordinate projects with sub-contractors when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and alert supervisor to any unsafe conditions that may exist.
- Work with other departments and area managers as required.
- Posses your own hand tools and keep them in a safe functional manner at all times.
- Keep job logs updated daily
- Maintain good attitude and people skills even during high-pressure situations, and adverse equipment failures.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Able to scoop and shovel snow
- Able to lift up to 100lbs
- Able to work standing for long periods
- Able to use ladders to access equipment
- Able to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as necessary
- 2-4 years experience in general maintenance - required
- Able to work and/or be on-call nights, weekends, and holidays - required
- Valid Colorado Driver's License - required
- Able to lift up to 100lbs – required
- Basic computer skills - required
- Able to read, write and speak English - required
- Able to work a changing schedule as needed - required
- Demonstrated attention to detail - preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - preferred
- HotSOS experience - preferred
- In person interview - highly preferred
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 149016