Grounded in our roots of family recipes and southern hospitality, we believe that keeping it simple is the key to success. We strive to serve great food fast in a clean restaurant while showing our guests that we are grateful to serve them. Fresh food is made by hand daily in each store and we couldn’t be more proud of that. We opened our first restaurant over 50 years ago and the core values that made us great are still a driving force in our growth today.
We are looking for motivated leaders who are willing to work hard and lead by example!
A team-oriented approach to management allows us to utilize everyone’s talents while actualizing their potential in other areas. The ideal Smithfield’s manager believes that a positive outlook is contagious in the workplace and understands how that affects the entire restaurant. Our fast-paced environment is balanced by a 5 day work week and our competitive compensation packages make it all worth-while.
The Assistant Manager team reports directly to the General Manager of a specific location and has a hand in everything that it takes to operate the restaurant. Mastering our proprietary recipes and culinary techniques, managing food and labor costs, and providing leadership to the hourly co-workers are all done in an effort to take the best possible care of the customers. An able and attentive Assistant Manager will position themselves to one day become a GM.
* Friendly and customer-oriented
* College degree or experience in a leadership role?
* Restaurant Experience Preferred
* Most Importantly: A good attitude, an open mind, and a Customer First mentality
* Typical work-week of 55+ hours with minimal breaks
* Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time without rest or sitting down
* Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 50 pounds
* Reach with hands
* Use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
* Prolonged bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products of up to 50 pounds
* Ability to taste and smell
* Verbally communicate with others
* Ability to read and write clearly
* Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
* Ability to freely access all areas of the restaurant, including Front of House(front line and dining area) and
Back of House(kitchen, dry storage, and walk-in cooler).
* Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operate phones, computers and other restaurant
and office equipment.
* Superior base salary
* Exceptional health care benefits package
* Five-day work-week? and paid time off
* 401(k) retirement plan?
* Limitless opportunities for advancement and entrepreneurship
Current NC residents will be considered promptly. Relocation assistance is not available for out-of-state applicants.
Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Q(R) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify as part of the hiring process.