EXEC HSKPR/ACCOM MGR (Salaried)
Job Title: Executive Housekeeper (Salaried)
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: General Manager
Supervises: Assistant Housekeeper, Housekeeping Inspector, Housekeepers, Laundry Attendant
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To manage all facets of the Housekeeping Department ensuring high levels of guest service and satisfaction. Includes rooms, laundry, public areas, department storage areas and work areas.
1. Supervise housekeeping and laundry staff: hiring, firing, performance evaluations, training and development. Schedule staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
2. Assist General Manager in development of the department’s annual budget. Monitor performance against plan.
3. Enforce policies and procedures.
4. Maintain room quality based on hotel objectives. Monitors and maintains level of cleanliness in rooms, storage areas, laundry, restrooms and public areas.
5. Compile and report accurate status of guest rooms to front office.
6. Enforce standard procedures for the acceptance, security, and return on guest lost and found items.
7. Maintain standard procedures for security of on-loan equipment.
8. Maintain productivity and labor cost goals.
9. Establish and maintain cost control systems for staffing linen inventories and cleaning supplies. Conduct inventories of linen, supplies and equipment. Order and receive supplies to maintain adequate inventory levels.
10. Ensure quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
2. Add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure with like common and decimal fractions. Compute ratio, rate, and percent. Draw & interpret bar graphs. Perform arithmetic operations involving American monetary units.
3. Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speak with correct English and well-modulated voice.
4. Determine time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination of and/or reporting on events. Determine or interpret work procedures for a group of workers, assign specific duties, maintain harmonious relations among them and promote efficiency.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Business or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience as Assistant Housekeeper, and 2 years housekeeping experience in a commercial environment in a supervisory capacity; OR, equivalent level of education and experience.