Director of Food & Beverage
Benchmarks company culture is central to our management philosophy. The companys stated purpose is to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the benchmark by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
Job Description Summary:
Seeking food and beverage innovator, who is passionate, results driven, inspires the team and delivers on an exceptional guest experience in a private hotel and corporate conference center environment.
This job will be a good fit for you if:
You enjoy creating memorable moments through exceptional food and beverage, current
with trends and serving a broad audience.
You embrace a commitment of excellence and service delivery by being present in the
operation, leading and inspiring a team of F&B experts
You pay attention to details, do things right the first time and walk the talk.
You love a challenge and finding ways to solve it and never let the small stuff get you
You can multi-task, manage multiple operations, think on your feet and embrace change.
You enjoy teaching, leading by example and motivating others to become the next
generation of F&B leaders.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 5 years experience as Food and Beverage Director in the hospitality industry
- Solid knowledge of systems and software to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Micros
- Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations
- Proactive attitude with customer facing issues; keen sense with urgency and follow up
- High energy; positive personality; well organized and practices solid time management
- Excellent organizations skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage many tasks simultaneously
- Discreet, ethical and committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality
- Schedule varies based on client needs and business demands
- Represents a professional demeanor, with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility both within and outside of ones domains
- Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage Departments to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments, e.g. room service, restaurants, banquets, kitchens, steward, etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all F&B outlets to achieve a profitable result.
- Implement and maintain appealing, high quality, marketable cycle and catering/banquet menus that reach a broad audience including office environment catering, restaurant outlet, banquets, conference breaks, bar outlet, in room dining, Grab and Go and conference restaurants.
- Stay current of food and beverage trends to ensure ongoing enhancements are made to improve the customer experience.
- Lead in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, promotion, nutrition and cost controls.
- Grounded operating tools in place to provide ongoing assessment of budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, job descriptions, etc.
- Develop workable systems for inventory, receiving and product utilization (product cost).
- Conduct ongoing audits of existing processes and make recommendations as needed based on identified risks while holding team accountable as needed
- Ensures department and property goals are achieved through effective communication, leadership and motivation
- Host daily meeting room checks to ensure set-ups are correct prior to the start of meetings
- Conduct ongoing daily site inspections and tours of kitchens, outlets and storage areas to ensure pristine condition and maintenance are being maintained and there is no health or safety violations
- Meet with departments regularly to ensure an open line of communication, encourage employee morale and problem solve any employee issues
- Ensure managers and support staff are properly trained and have equipment to execute according to standard
- Control expenses monthly to coincide with revenues as budgeted
- Prepare monthly narratives on department financial results for ownership
- Reforecast financials for future months
- Attain customer satisfaction score as determined by the property or better for the department as measured by the Meeting Planner Evaluations, guest comment scores and quarterly Shopper visits
- Utilize guest feedback to improve performance and guest experience